M
MariaChristi
Guest
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I believe we are always “present” to Mary as she is the Mother of the Church given to us from the Cross by Jesus. She is united to Jesus in His intercession for us before the Father. They do not leave us, but we can so easily drift away from them.
Sometimes I wonder: how “present” am I to Jesus living in Mary? He is the Perfect Son, loving her and honoring her in heaven. He is also present within me by grace, yet am I present to Him and to Mary as often as I could be? Or am I too much in myself and like Martha – too “busy about many things”?
May is a good time to examine our own personal devotion to Mary our Mother in the order of Grace. Perhaps you are not being as “present” to Mary as Jesus would have you be. Perhaps the Universal Church is not as “present” to Mary as God desires? I wonder. The University of Dayton has a good website on which I found the following:
O Jesus, living in Mary, come and live in your servants, in the spirit of holiness, in the fullness of your power, in the perfection of your ways, in the truth of your virtues, in the communion of your mysteries. Rule over every adverse power, in your Spirit, for the glory of the Father. Amen. – Prayer of Father Jean Jacques Olier, S.S. (1608-1657)
I believe we are always “present” to Mary as she is the Mother of the Church given to us from the Cross by Jesus. She is united to Jesus in His intercession for us before the Father. They do not leave us, but we can so easily drift away from them.
Sometimes I wonder: how “present” am I to Jesus living in Mary? He is the Perfect Son, loving her and honoring her in heaven. He is also present within me by grace, yet am I present to Him and to Mary as often as I could be? Or am I too much in myself and like Martha – too “busy about many things”?
May is a good time to examine our own personal devotion to Mary our Mother in the order of Grace. Perhaps you are not being as “present” to Mary as Jesus would have you be. Perhaps the Universal Church is not as “present” to Mary as God desires? I wonder. The University of Dayton has a good website on which I found the following:
For more suggestion on how to observe May as “Mary’s month” in a special way, see HERE…Since medieval times, we have had the combination between Mary and the month of May. Among the earliest witnesses are: Alphonsus X, “el sabio,” King of Castille, Spain (1221-1284) with his “Cantigas de Santa Maria” (“Ben venna Mayo”). Here and elsewhere, both Mary and the month of May are greeted, welcomed and celebrated on specific days in May. Later, the whole month of May became the month of Mary. On each day of this month, special devotions to Mary were organized. This custom originated in Italy (for example: Ferrara, 1784). It was spread widely during the nineteenth century, a century well-known for its monthly devotions (Heart of Jesus in June; Rosary in October).
O Jesus, living in Mary, come and live in your servants, in the spirit of holiness, in the fullness of your power, in the perfection of your ways, in the truth of your virtues, in the communion of your mysteries. Rule over every adverse power, in your Spirit, for the glory of the Father. Amen. – Prayer of Father Jean Jacques Olier, S.S. (1608-1657)