S
snowgarden
Guest
Are there any “personalities” that grab your attention whether on tv, movies, sports, news, church, etc? What made me think of this were some commercials that I always have to look at when they come on. The “stars” of the commercial get my attention with the less-than-one-minute they have to sell me their product. They use gestures, voices or body language that make the most of their little minute of fame:
- The cute guy lipsynching on the freecreditreport.com commercial. I especially like the one where he’s in the pirate get-up singing at the restaurant “selling fish to tourists in teeshirts.” He’s actually French Canadian: Good article about the success of the commercial here:
- The other is the progressive.com auto insurance commercial with the kooky girl with the “tricked-out name tag.” She reminds me of old-timers of commercials like Palmolive’s Madge or Comet’s Josephine the Plumber.
- Guy Fieri, the 2006 winner of the Next Food Network Star; he of the spikey blonde hair, who is so personable and, oh yeah, also has a commercial running for T.G.I. Fridays. He’s just got that something that shot him to the front of the line.