meditations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stjudeprayforus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stjudeprayforus

Guest
A couple years ago, I found a meditation by a Priest that meant alot to me.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any others like this.

**Relax, close your eyes and imagine yourself in a boat in rough waters.

Then picture Jesus walking across the water to you. He extends his hands, Get out of the boat… stand on the water with Jesus.(harder than it sounds…) Hold on to Him, let Him help you.

Then… get back into the boat with Jesus… row to shore… get out of the boat and let Him take you down the beach… Listen to what He says to you.**

I had profound insights that changed my life. Walking on the beach with Jesus… was a beautiful experience. He showed me things that at that time in my life gave me a whole different perspective. Hard to explain… I hope someone else has done this meditation.

Has anyone else heard this meditation? Know of any others like this?
Anyone else have experiences when doing this?
 
It sounds like a wonderful meditation on the story of Jesus and Peter in the storm, but I would not it only to receive insights or knowledge, but rather, as a way to gain more trust in Jesus. For if He can calm the storm and walk on water, then He can give us peace and nothing can separate us from Him: neither water nor height nor fear nor pain nor death. 🙂
 
It is really interesting experience…

When you imagine getting out of the boat… it is hard even to imagine standing on water.
It actually takes several attempts to do it. (for me anyway)
I would imagine myself falling in the water…like a dope.

But if you TRUST Jesus and take His hand…

For me … it was the best prayer experience I have ever had.

at the time, I as having a very hard time. My husband left my son and I for another woman and I was deeply depressed.
Jesus walked with me on the beach and I saw a tent… with a party going on. jesus opened the tent and there was my husband crying out in pain. It meant to me… that on the outside… my husband looked like he as having a great time but his soul was miserable.

I saw the situation in my life in a completely different light.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top