Meeting with a Spiritual Director

• Thread starter Thread starter Sanctus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’ll be off to see him in a few minutes. When I come back I’m sure I’ll have a bunch of new questions for you guys. Thanks for all the help. Stay tuned for more questions…

I am working with a spiritual director and it is a great thing. I would recommend keeping some kind of spiritual journal where you can write down thoughts and prayers as they come to you and still have something that can prompt you with questions for your spiritual director.

The issue of “cost” for spiritual direction is always hard, because many priests do not want remuneration and yet many religious orders could benefit from it. I try to donate in other ways and give the religious house things I think they will appreciate.

Hey thanks for all the suggestions. My meeting went well, it was kind of a get to know each other meeting and was rather informal. I am supposed to take some time pray and come back with an idea of where I’d like to go spiritually. I really just want to continue to mature my spirituality. This looks like it’s going to be a good experience. Again thanks, and continue to give me suggestions. I’m still not sure what I should “expect” to come from this all. A deeper faith? Well…again, thanks.

God Bless,

How does one become a spiritual director? Do they work out of parishes, the archdiocese, private practice, or all of the above? :confused:

40.png
MarthaMartha:
How does one become a spiritual director? Do they work out of parishes, the archdiocese, private practice, or all of the above? :confused:
Anyone can be a spiritual director. Priest, nun or layman.
You should choose a holy and very knowledgeable person for your director. If it’s a priest he can also be your confessor. So that is ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back