• Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RootKitWarrior

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/politics/melania-trump-future/index.html

She knows the gig is up.

Interesting Tidbit
Kelly had previously run the White House Office of Administration and after it became clear Trump would need to prep for her life after Washington the first lady told Kelly to discreetly ask West Wing acquaintances and a member of the Office of Management and Budget whether there were taxpayer funds allocated to former first ladies, according to two sources familiar with the discussions.
The short answer is no. While there are post-presidential perks for such things for the outgoing commander in chief, budgets to set up an official office and staff and cover some travel costs, there is nothing from the government for any first lady, save a paltry $20,000-a-year pension, which is paid out only if her husband dies.
Has she been pondering a divorce?
“She just wants to go home,” said another source familiar with Melania Trump’s state of mind. Asked how the first lady feels about rumors her husband might announce a 2024 bid, the source added: “That might not go over well.”

Last edited:
Interesting Tidbit
You mean asking what her entitlements are? Hardly interesting. The only thing interesting is that she has not been briefed on this earlier, like when they first came to the White House.
Has she been pondering a divorce?
Pure nasty conjecture.

My wife and I have had conversations about retirement benefits, insurance, etc. I don’t think that she is planning something.

I can very easily imagine that she wants to just go home. She never looked at ease or comfortable as first lady. Just stressed.

So if she stays with Donald, will people claim she’s enabling a philanderer as they did when HRC stayed with Bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back