Members of Jesus' Body?

  • Thread starter Thread starter descout
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

descout

Guest
Is there any scriptual evidence of us men being members of Jesus’ Body? I am trying to explain the sole mediator quote and how us Catholics believe we aling with the saints share in this role since we are the members of Jesus’ Body. But I feel that I need to find the evidence to point out where is says wer are members of his body as this person is a Bible only believer.
 
i may have just stumbled upon my answer. Or one of them at least. I am sure the Bible is full of them. But reading 1 Corith 12 it seemed pretty convincing. Is this saying it like I read it? Or is my understanding off a bit?
 
i may have just stumbled upon my answer. Or one of them at least. I am sure the Bible is full of them. But reading 1 Corith 12 it seemed pretty convincing. Is this saying it like I read it? Or is my understanding off a bit?
I really like your understanding of our role as “co-redeemers” stemming from our being members of Jesus’ body.

Here are some more passages:
Romans 12:5
1 Corinthians 10:16-17
Ephesians 2:16; 3:6; 4:4-16; 5:23,30
Colossians 1:18-24; 2:19; 3:15

The following verse is often referred to in regards to our being able to offer our sufferings in a redemptive manner:
Colossians 1:24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top