M
mozier
Guest
When I was 18, I was introduced to Gentleman’s Quarterly, or GQ, as it is better known. GQ was the guide on how to be a true gentleman, from the way a man dressed and groomed to how he treated a lady and how well he knew his wine and fine art. It taught a young man how to be elegant, sophisticated, polished, and well-educated. It was a must for all the young men of my generation and class.
But in the last few years, it has completely changed. GQ is now a mere shadow of its former self, going now for the “Maxim crowd” and dumbing itself down to the sophomoric level of those who think that “Girls Gone Wild” is high art.
However, there is a new magazine that has re-captured the style and sophistication of the former GQ, and its only drawback is its name: Men’s Vogue. Yes, the same company that prints Vogue. However, this men’s magazine is surpisingly excellent, and it reminds me so much of what classic GQ used to be. Though I hesitated at first to check it out (again, due to the title), I soon became a fan of it. Now if only they would change the name of it!
But in the last few years, it has completely changed. GQ is now a mere shadow of its former self, going now for the “Maxim crowd” and dumbing itself down to the sophomoric level of those who think that “Girls Gone Wild” is high art.
However, there is a new magazine that has re-captured the style and sophistication of the former GQ, and its only drawback is its name: Men’s Vogue. Yes, the same company that prints Vogue. However, this men’s magazine is surpisingly excellent, and it reminds me so much of what classic GQ used to be. Though I hesitated at first to check it out (again, due to the title), I soon became a fan of it. Now if only they would change the name of it!