Messages

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stylus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stylus

Guest
I have friends who are all into those ‘dooms day’ ‘end of the world’ messages. I find them frightning and damaging to my faith. Should we trust them all?
 
Just my opinion, but anything that is “frightening & damaging to [your] faith”, sounds like something that is not coming from God. He may chastise us, He may warn us, but when it is truly of God, any ‘message’ or ‘warning’ will come with love & comfort. It will not make you lose your faith in Him…:twocents:
 
I agree with Zooey. I was going to vote “Some are, some aren’t” until I realized you were referring to doomsday/end times messages.

If you want to know just how horribly damaging those messages are, you only have to look outside Christianity and see how much farther away from God they pull people who have little or no faith to begin with.

A tree shall be known by its fruit, and the doomsday “chicken little/sky is falling” messages bear some of the rottenest fruit I’ve seen.

I believe most messages of that type are either fake, or come from the side of evil.

When the message is truly from God, it will strengthen your faith, not damage it.

Crazy Internet Junkies Society
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag
 
I will believe those “End of the World” messages when one of them comes true. I’ll post an update as soon as that happens.
 
Seventh Day Adventists have been predicting the end times for as long as they have been around. One woman(SDA) I know said she was hoping the end times would come while her boys were little…they are teens now…LOL!!
~ Kathy ~
 
I used to be scared to death of all the prophesies the fundamentalists crammed down my throat as a child- even made me watch those horrible “Thief in the Night” movies- that wasn’t just bad- that really was a traumatic experience for me (certainly not appropriate for an 11 year old, if you ask me). I have since learned the Truth, and I don’t buy into any of that stuff. We should concentrate on making sure we are in a state of grace, and that we are doing all we can to get others in a state of grace as well. That should be our only concern.
 
What difference does it make if the world comes to an end right this minute?

The world will certainly come to an end personally for each one of us within 100 years or less. “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven?” (Acts1:11)

Do people want to know when the end of the world is coming so they can withhold their repentance to the last possible minute? Live every moment of your life for Jesus Christ and stop speculating on something even the Lord himself was not permitted to know when he walked the earth as a man. These announcements and speculations are the dopiest waste of the Good Lord’s time anyone can imagine.
 
40.png
mercygate:
What difference does it make if the world comes to an end right this minute?

The world will certainly come to an end personally for each one of us within 100 years or less. “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven?” (Acts1:11)

Do people want to know when the end of the world is coming so they can withhold their repentance to the last possible minute? Live every moment of your life for Jesus Christ and stop speculating on something even the Lord himself was not permitted to know when he walked the earth as a man. These announcements and speculations are the dopiest waste of the Good Lord’s time anyone can imagine.
:amen:
 
I delete all emails that have a forwarded attachment without opening, unless I know it is something I have requested or am expecting. If it is from an unknow source I report it as spam. you should believe in Jesus Christ and the Church He founded, guided and protected by the Holy Spirit. To place such alleged messages, apparitions, locutions in the same category as divine revelation, and allowing them to influence or disturb you, borders on blasphemy, in my opinion.
 
My thread located below this posting is connected with this subject and specifically relates to my investigations of the “Kingdom of the Divine Will” by Louisa Piccarreta, questioning how to exit counsel someone from these kinds of falsehoods which St Paul refers to as “Strongholds”. When a person becomes a doomsday apparition follower, it is very hard to suggest to them to exercise some caution and discernment. It really is a stronghold of the mind.

The problem lies in the componentry of the messages which tends to play on scripture, referring to the “remnant”. Now, within Catholic circles, I am referring here to unapproved apparitions and condemended apparitions, not approved ones like Fatima. Still as Catholics, we are not bound to believe in approved apparitions as these are private revalations. We are only bound by the church to believe in Public revalations which ceased with the death of the last apostle, nearly 2000 years ago.

The believer in the private unapproved revalation generally has been told that that there is a WARNING and a CHASTISEMENT and to survive this:
  1. you must believe in what we say,
  2. have a pure heart and be like little children for the intelligent will be confused,
  3. do what we tell you to do in spiritual practices,
  4. as the chosen remnant that will be saved - please wait for the sign.
The flip side of this is that if you don’t believe this, you are not the remnant, so join the bandwagon because it just might be true otherwise you are a “liberal” and part of the general apostasy coming…

Typically, the “remnant” don’t want to hear that in certain situations, not only are these aparitions not approved, but some are even condemmend.

One characteristic that seems to flow from these unapproved apparitions is DISOBIEDIENCE. Obiedience is a virtue that the devil cannot perform but he can perform signs and wonders. At many of these “pilgrim sites” the local visionaries and or promoters are in disobiedence to the local bishop who has ruled that there is nothing supernatural occuring and do not bring people to pilgrimages. Garabandal and Medjugorje are prime examples of this. (I have been to Medj). The pilgrim arrives home and tells all. The local parish priest objects and he is then branded a liberal.

The whole thing is divisive.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=67412

Luke
 
I believe it will be the end of the age, not the end of the world …
A lot of things are happening now but no one knows the day or hour … but Jesus told us to watch and know the signs of the times. He also tells us to be not afraid. I think the bottom line is this; Nothing can happen without God permitting it … If He permits it, then it’s in His perfect Plan … if it’s in His Perfect Plan, His Will will be done on earth as it is in heaven, which is my daily prayer 🙂 So, I have no reason to fear no matter WHAT happens!

As far as the apparitions go … we must be EXTREMELY careful and pray for discernment. Satan is glad to give 99% truth if he can stick in his 1% poison! I’d much rather err on the side of caution and be sure I stick with the True Deposit of Faith … Scripture, Tradition and the Magisterium … JMHO 🙂

p.s. I’m suggesting that we all band together in praying for conversions and the souls of purgatory with the following daily prayers if possible:
the Rosary
the Mercy Chaplet
the Peace Chaplet
and 9 Memorares
thanks!
 
My dear friend
You don’t have to believe private revelations. You should only consider those approved by the church too. You should not consider my doomsday preictions:D I have a bad track record now. I think all things happen for a purpose though:):)🙂
 
“But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone” (Mt 24:36).

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my word shall not pass away. But of that day or hour no man knoweth, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father.” (Mk 13:31-32).

So what makes your friends more knowledgeable than the angels? Jesus made clear He wouldn’t tell us when it will happen; how is it they know more than He was willing to tell us?

Or are they smarter than the Bible?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top