Methodist panel reinstates defrocked lesbian minister

• Thread starter Thread starter Dj_Roy_Albert
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how G.W. feels about this…I understand he’s a methodist.
The ad below the article is very telling;
“ordination on-line
do weddings, baptisms and more…”

40.png
catsrus:
I wonder how G.W. feels about this…I understand he’s a methodist.
The ad below the article is very telling;
“ordination on-line
do weddings, baptisms and more…”
The Methodists, like most Protestant churches, are very decentralized. Pro-family Methodists probably just look it as if it is just the extreme left of their church.

As far as I know no major Protestant church has a central authority like the Pope. That, as a previous person said, is why the Catholic Church, even though it has plenty of “rebels” has as stayed true to Christ for 20 centuries.

I come from the Methodist church, and still am a member…only till I join THE CHURCH…muhahahahaha…😃

Anywho, this is my take on it. The original verdict was overturned due to a technicality. While IMHO, its a load of garbage, by their standards of law they were correct. I do not think however, that the next General Conference will approve of homosexual ordination or homosexual marriages. If they did, there would be a schism, no doubts about it. Give it time is all I can say. Plus, this case will probably be overturned too…so it really is just a big ol’ runaround.

DU

rastell said:
The Methodists, like most Protestant churches, are very decentralized. Pro-family Methodists probably just look it as if it is just the extreme left of their church.

As far as I know no major Protestant church has a central authority like the Pope. That, as a previous person said, is why the Catholic Church, even though it has plenty of “rebels” has as stayed true to Christ for 20 centuries.

They do have a General Conference that does take up these issues. THis was already an issue with respect to another lesbian minister. It almost created a schism in the church. You are right though, there are many variations on Methodism. On the west coast it is VERY liberal. Not so much in the south

Lisa N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back