Mind wonders while saying the rosary

  • Thread starter Thread starter butler847
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

butler847

Guest
I am just wondering is there a reason my mind wonders while saying the rosary & sometimes in mass? I feel cut off from God. Is there a sin I might have forgotten in confession. There was a 10 year period I tried to convince my self I didn’t believe in confession. Now I’m afraid it will condem me. Help
I wondered why we couldn’t confess our sins in a penance derive & priest give us all absolution
Our priest only held confessions for 1/2 hour before Sunday mass. What if every parishioner would want to go to confession once a week it would be impossible. Admittedly we are from a smaller parish but our Priest has 3 sometime 4 other parishes.
 
The mind wonders just because we get distracted. Try to find ways to concentrate. I was told that you can start a rosary on Sunday and finish next week if you wanted to, pray with a couple beads and if you get distracted just pick up next time you are able to say a couple more. You can continue on a rosary that you didnt finish, it doesnt nessesarily have to be done right there and then.

As for confession, in order to confess sins we might of forgot, just be general and brief. For also forgive me God for the sins that I cannot remember, God knows what we have done and it will be forgiven and forgotten. Confession is for anything that offended or disobeyed God in any way. You wont be condemned, God rejoices that you are gonna go to confession. Hope this helps a bit, my prayers to you.
 
Last edited:
I went to mass today and my mind was wandering, (midday) I realised I hadn’t eaten since breakfast and was hungry.
When I’ve eaten too much ,even though enough time has past for mass…my mind wanders.
Same with praying.And that also goes if I’ve had too much caffine.
 
Last edited:
In terms of the rosary using refections for each mystery certain helps me as does reading the relevant scripture passage for each mystery before I pray that decade spending a few minutes contemplating each. In mass maybe try to get there a little earlier than you usually may and spend a little more time clearing your mind and praying before mass starts or read through the readings of the day and reflect on them a little before mass to help you focus your mind better before mass (this is assuming you don’t do these things already) I used to find when I was rushing to mass minutes before it starts my brain would still be engaged on things going on outside of mass. Hope this is helpful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top