C
Caladrius
Guest
Friends,
Miracles are necessary for faith. Christ said we should believe Him for the works He does (John 10:38). When asked if He is truly the Messiah, or if people should look for someone else, He says: “the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are healed, and the dead are raised” (Luke 7:21). The implication is: “yes, I am the Messiah, because you see these things happening”. We do not see these things happening… why not?
I do not mean the Eucharist, as appearances are easily deniable. I do not mean “miracles of forgiveness”, or the work that doctors do on operating tables. These don’t count as self-testifying miracles which Christ personally did to show His Divinity. I mean things like Peter merely saying the Name of Jesus, and the man at the beautiful gate being healed (Acts 3:1-10), or the story of the young man born blind being healed totally (John 9). Why do the healing events recorded by the Apostles not seem to exist today? We can speak of cancer going into remission, but honestly, when was the last time a blind man saw, a lame man walked, a leper become clean, or the dead were raised up?
Please don’t paste sites like “miracles of the church” or “miraculous images of jesus”. Golden Legends are easy. Photoshop is easy. I’d like to know about real persons healed by Christ. The New Creation after the Resurrection supposedly changed everything: giving men the ability to generate faith in a dead world through the power of THE NAME. If this doesn’t happen in reality, I don’t see how any of us can believe in Christ - because the power which He claims to wield simply doesn’t exist.
Great pain.
Miracles are necessary for faith. Christ said we should believe Him for the works He does (John 10:38). When asked if He is truly the Messiah, or if people should look for someone else, He says: “the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are healed, and the dead are raised” (Luke 7:21). The implication is: “yes, I am the Messiah, because you see these things happening”. We do not see these things happening… why not?
I do not mean the Eucharist, as appearances are easily deniable. I do not mean “miracles of forgiveness”, or the work that doctors do on operating tables. These don’t count as self-testifying miracles which Christ personally did to show His Divinity. I mean things like Peter merely saying the Name of Jesus, and the man at the beautiful gate being healed (Acts 3:1-10), or the story of the young man born blind being healed totally (John 9). Why do the healing events recorded by the Apostles not seem to exist today? We can speak of cancer going into remission, but honestly, when was the last time a blind man saw, a lame man walked, a leper become clean, or the dead were raised up?
Please don’t paste sites like “miracles of the church” or “miraculous images of jesus”. Golden Legends are easy. Photoshop is easy. I’d like to know about real persons healed by Christ. The New Creation after the Resurrection supposedly changed everything: giving men the ability to generate faith in a dead world through the power of THE NAME. If this doesn’t happen in reality, I don’t see how any of us can believe in Christ - because the power which He claims to wield simply doesn’t exist.