Miracles wanted

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leperchaun
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leperchaun

Guest
Hey, I’ve been lurking here for a while, but have finally come to a point where I need some help in a… discussion. On a different forum I have been steadily working on convincing someone that Christianity is not the source of all evil in the world and so far so good. He is now interested in learning more about the subject, or at least that’s what he said when I suggested he do some more research on the arguments he was using

However he is still highly skeptical of all things religious, especially in the context of the Bible and is at this point asking if I can tell him of any modern recorded miracles (I know, doubting Thomas and all that). Despite my best efforts, though, I am unable to find a location where the miracles officially recognized by the Vatican in modern times can be found.

Is there such a listing or even just a collection of a few of them somewhere? And if so, could someone please direct me to it?

Thankee kindly.
 
Hey, I’ve been lurking here for a while, but have finally come to a point where I need some help in a… discussion. On a different forum I have been steadily working on convincing someone that Christianity is not the source of all evil in the world and so far so good. He is now interested in learning more about the subject, or at least that’s what he said when I suggested he do some more research on the arguments he was using

However he is still highly skeptical of all things religious, especially in the context of the Bible and is at this point asking if I can tell him of any modern recorded miracles (I know, doubting Thomas and all that). Despite my best efforts, though, I am unable to find a location where the miracles officially recognized by the Vatican in modern times can be found.

Is there such a listing or even just a collection of a few of them somewhere? And if so, could someone please direct me to it?

Thankee kindly.
I recommend a book called Eucharistic Miracles by Joan Carroll Cruz.
 
Try EWTN website, I know Bob and Penny Lord have several books about miracles and I’m sure there are other resorces there. Not to mention going to Catholic Answers home page and checking what they have available there.
Welcome to the forums:)
 
Despite my best efforts, though, I am unable to find a location where the miracles officially recognized by the Vatican in modern times can be found.
I think for a person to be beatified by the Catholic Church one after-death miracle is required and to be canonized a saint another after-death miracle is required.

If you go to the Vatican website’s search engine (vatican.mondosearch.com/search.aspx), type “decree miracle” into the Enter your search words box, select the “Saints” option on the Select category menu, and click on the Search button, then the biographies of a number of saints will be listed, which include mention of the specific miracles attributed to them and accepted by the Vatican for their beatification and for their canonization.

For instance, the biography of St. Padre Pio mentions the miracles of the healing of Signora Consiglia De Martino of Salerno and the cure of the young Matteo Pio Colella of San Giovanni Rotondo.

In addition, you might want to try the book by Paul Glynn and David Cremin, Healing Fire of Christ: Reflections on Modern Miracles - Knock, Lourdes, Fatima. It was written with sceptics in mind.
 
Leperchaun,

Hello and welcome out of the shadows into the light. I hope you have a blessed and fruitful time here.

A rather showy miracle was the dancing of the sun at Fatima, Portugal in 1917. It was prophesied in advance that there would be a significant miracle; it was witnessed at the time by several tens of thousands of people, including reporters, university professors, and skeptics who came for the express purpose of debunking it; and it was written up in the daily papers that afternoon, so there was no question of a legend developing over the years.
  • Liberian
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top