"Miracles"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rarer_Way_Prior
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rarer_Way_Prior

Guest
I’m hoping this is where this thread belongs. :o

Does anyone have any stories of personal experiences that you believe to be God’s work?
 
Hi “RWP” Yes indeed. My sisters recent return to the Catholic faith (Easter of this year), after a 30 year absence; during which she was nearly swallowed alive by the New Age Movement.

God definitely heard the prayers of my family, for my sister. 👍

God bless you and welcome to CAF!

(p.s. I love the image of Our Lady in Czestochowa! Beautiful!).
 
That is great to hear. My friend and cousin are in the same situation but are unfortunately still there. 😦

Thanks for the welcome! I’ve been here for quite some time actually. Just don’t post often. :o

Thanks; I had quite a devotion to Our Lady, but I had a short falling away and I lost it :crying:. I prayed for devotion to her and Our Lady of Czestochowa was the answer :D. Though I must pray no that I regain it.

This is what I want to hear. Personal stories like this.🙂

Thanks MarieVeronica!
 
That is great to hear. My friend and cousin are in the same situation but are unfortunately still there. 😦
I will keep them in my prayers, “RWP”. Don’t give up on them. 😉 St. Monica, please pray for “RWP’s” friend and cousin. Amen.
I had quite a devotion to Our Lady, but I had a short falling away and I lost it :crying:. I prayed for devotion to her and Our Lady of Czestochowa was the answer :D. Though I must pray no that I regain it.
Since it seems to be Our Lady of Czestochowa who is “calling” to you… may I also suggest prayers to the Servant of God, Pope John Paul II? Like you, he had a devotion to Our Lady of Czestochowa; and he is amazing in his responses to prayer! He will intercede for your needs, I’m certain. God bless you, dear soul.

MV 🙂
 
Thanks for your prayers. :o.

Yes I had devotion to him as well. 🙂

Thanks.
 
I would love to tell my miracle story! In June of 1995 I was pregnant with my 3rd child, everything was normal, until my water broke in my 28th week. The doctor told me that my baby would likely be born within 3 days - the statistical norm - and to expect her to weigh about 2 lbs,and be extremely premature (full term is 40 wks, I was due Sept 1st). Of course I started to cry, but the nurse told me that I should never give up HOPE that sometimes mothers go for a week or more. I began to pray to Our Lady, my thinking that she knew just what it was like to be afraid for her child. The nurses told me that each day in the womb was like a week in NICU., so I knew that prayer was in order and that the doctors wouldn’t be able to do much. They gave me no medications to stave off labor, just one course of antibiotics. Soooo, Catholic hospital workers came to pray with me, I received an Anointing of the Sick, and every day I just laid in the hospital and prayed the rosary and the memorare, asking her to ask for one more day for my baby. (my rosary at home was broken, so I sent my non-Catholic husband to buy me a new one).

Twenty-six days later I gave birth to my 4lb 1oz daughter, still 2 months premature but her lungs were mature and she spent only 1 month in intensive care. I had promised to give credit where credit was due, named her Mary and vowed to tell my story when I get the chance.

oh yeah, a couple months later I went to take the broken rosary to get it fixed and it was whole…except for one misshapen bead.

God is good!!
 
I would love to tell my miracle story! In June of 1995 I was pregnant with my 3rd child, everything was normal, until my water broke in my 28th week. The doctor told me that my baby would likely be born within 3 days - the statistical norm - and to expect her to weigh about 2 lbs,and be extremely premature (full term is 40 wks, I was due Sept 1st). Of course I started to cry, but the nurse told me that I should never give up HOPE that sometimes mothers go for a week or more. I began to pray to Our Lady, my thinking that she knew just what it was like to be afraid for her child. The nurses told me that each day in the womb was like a week in NICU., so I knew that prayer was in order and that the doctors wouldn’t be able to do much. They gave me no medications to stave off labor, just one course of antibiotics. Soooo, Catholic hospital workers came to pray with me, I received an Anointing of the Sick, and every day I just laid in the hospital and prayed the rosary and the memorare, asking her to ask for one more day for my baby. (my rosary at home was broken, so I sent my non-Catholic husband to buy me a new one).

Twenty-six days later I gave birth to my 4lb 1oz daughter, still 2 months premature but her lungs were mature and she spent only 1 month in intensive care. I had promised to give credit where credit was due, named her Mary and vowed to tell my story when I get the chance.

oh yeah, a couple months later I went to take the broken rosary to get it fixed and it was whole…except for one misshapen bead.

God is good!!
That is awesome. Truly a miracle. Our Lady. 🙂
 
I suffer from a phobia of dead bodies, to the point of where I have panic attacks. My best friend’s dad passed away recently. Although it was hard for me, I got up the courage to go to the funeral. I prayed and prayed that God would take care of me, and He did. The service was closed casket, which made it ok. I think God wanted me to be calm because my friend needed me.

-Jeanne
 
Haha! Faith-building thread!

I was on vacation last week with my family in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. We have a very old car and it was having problems. We took it to the shop where we were staying and it died right in the lot there. We couldn’t get it to start, but that was fine since we were exactly where we needed to be! We called the rental place from the shop to see if they had any available for us to use, but they said no. We decided to walk over there(it wasn’t very far) to see and it turns out they had this big Chrystler Aspen (SUV) which they hadn’t taken to the carwash yet. We didn’t care and they gave it to us $50 cheaper because it was dirty. It was one of the best things for us because we were planning to go driving around and we were very comfortable. My dad had been praying that morning that something would happen so that we could get the car fixed and really had a peace about the whole thing. Praise God!

(The car was fixed, BTW)
 
I suffer from a phobia of dead bodies, to the point of where I have panic attacks. My best friend’s dad passed away recently. Although it was hard for me, I got up the courage to go to the funeral. I prayed and prayed that God would take care of me, and He did. The service was closed casket, which made it ok. I think God wanted me to be calm because my friend needed me.

-Jeanne
Praise be to God.
 
Haha! Faith-building thread!

I was on vacation last week with my family in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. We have a very old car and it was having problems. We took it to the shop where we were staying and it died right in the lot there. We couldn’t get it to start, but that was fine since we were exactly where we needed to be! We called the rental place from the shop to see if they had any available for us to use, but they said no. We decided to walk over there(it wasn’t very far) to see and it turns out they had this big Chrystler Aspen (SUV) which they hadn’t taken to the carwash yet. We didn’t care and they gave it to us $50 cheaper because it was dirty. It was one of the best things for us because we were planning to go driving around and we were very comfortable. My dad had been praying that morning that something would happen so that we could get the car fixed and really had a peace about the whole thing. Praise God!

(The car was fixed, BTW)
That was a great deal on the car, and you got to drive comfortably. Thanks. 🙂
 
Rarer Way Prior- Beautiful image of Our Lady of Czestochowa. Thank you for sharing.

To all who have shared your stories thank you

I have a few stories that come to mind.

This happened to my oldest sister when she was a teenager. She was laying in bed saying her Rosary but her Rosary was broken so she had to hold it carefully as to not have beads all over her bed. Then her Rosary was fixed. My oldest sister taught me how to say the Rosary using my fingers (Just in case I didn’t have a Rosary handy).

Sadly, my oldest sister doesn’t consider herself a Catholic anymore.

My auntie had a Rosary hanging up by a Calendar, it started to swing side to side. (Some could say there is a logical explanation. No air conditioner, Not by a vent, etc.) She immediately took this as a sign from God since she basically used her Rosary as a wall ornament and started to pray the Rosary.

July.14th, 1994- My mom, Auntie, grandmother went to a Shrine (we try to go every summer or on Sept.8th).

Before I went my good friend died in March. I became really depressed, numb towards people, and really angry towards God. As a matter of fact, I sat in the backseat grumbling to myself, “Why am I going? I don’t even believe in the bible, God, or all this Catholic stuff anymore…I shouldn’t of even bothered going.”

We just finished unpacking and pitching up the tent. My grandmother was laying inside the tent. My auntie and I were sitting in the back of my mom’s station wagon we were looking up at the clouds–like kids we were trying to make imaginative things from clouds that cloud looks like a train or an old man, etc.

My auntie took a quick glance where there was no clouds above the graveyard, she thought she was seeing things. It appeared to be a cross and heart on the bottom. Then my mom saw what appeared to be Jesus praying.

Immediately, I felt all the anger and negativness “wash away” from me.

I don’t want to brag or draw any attention towards myself because it is all about HIM! However, I could be considered a miracle. My parents told me when I was a baby, I was very sick with allergies and asthma all the time. This one time, I was rushed to the hospital because I had a severe asthma attack along with other respiratory problems. My lungs collapsed, I was considered dead, they even had a Priest to do last rites, my body was covered up with a blanket, I was getting wheeled down to the morgue. My mom stopped them, she wanted to pray, and put Holy water on me. God answered her prayers and I’m alive.

There are many miracles that happened to my family members and I, they may not be “recorded” or be known but even the small and unnoticed things I consider a Miracle.

Everyday, when I wake up I consider that a Miracle. I am Alive and you are Alive because God is not finished with us yet.

*Note: This is a story I shared on another thread/forum back in March.

What about you Rarer Way Prior do you have any stories to share?

By the way, I am Praying for my both of my sisters, family, and a church family to return to the Catholic church. I will never give up on them or for anyone who has fallen away for that matter.

God bless,
goforgoal
 
Rarer Way Prior- Beautiful image of Our Lady of Czestochowa. Thank you for sharing.

To all who have shared your stories thank you

I have a few stories that come to mind.

This happened to my oldest sister when she was a teenager. She was laying in bed saying her Rosary but her Rosary was broken so she had to hold it carefully as to not have beads all over her bed. Then her Rosary was fixed. My oldest sister taught me how to say the Rosary using my fingers (Just in case I didn’t have a Rosary handy).

Sadly, my oldest sister doesn’t consider herself a Catholic anymore.

My auntie had a Rosary hanging up by a Calendar, it started to swing side to side. (Some could say there is a logical explanation. No air conditioner, Not by a vent, etc.) She immediately took this as a sign from God since she basically used her Rosary as a wall ornament and started to pray the Rosary.

July.14th, 1994- My mom, Auntie, grandmother went to a Shrine (we try to go every summer or on Sept.8th).

Before I went my good friend died in March. I became really depressed, numb towards people, and really angry towards God. As a matter of fact, I sat in the backseat grumbling to myself, “Why am I going? I don’t even believe in the bible, God, or all this Catholic stuff anymore…I shouldn’t of even bothered going.”

We just finished unpacking and pitching up the tent. My grandmother was laying inside the tent. My auntie and I were sitting in the back of my mom’s station wagon we were looking up at the clouds–like kids we were trying to make imaginative things from clouds that cloud looks like a train or an old man, etc.

My auntie took a quick glance where there was no clouds above the graveyard, she thought she was seeing things. It appeared to be a cross and heart on the bottom. Then my mom saw what appeared to be Jesus praying.

Immediately, I felt all the anger and negativness “wash away” from me.

I don’t want to brag or draw any attention towards myself because it is all about HIM! However, I could be considered a miracle. My parents told me when I was a baby, I was very sick with allergies and asthma all the time. This one time, I was rushed to the hospital because I had a severe asthma attack along with other respiratory problems. My lungs collapsed, I was considered dead, they even had a Priest to do last rites, my body was covered up with a blanket, I was getting wheeled down to the morgue. My mom stopped them, she wanted to pray, and put Holy water on me. God answered her prayers and I’m alive.

There are many miracles that happened to my family members and I, they may not be “recorded” or be known but even the small and unnoticed things I consider a Miracle.

Everyday, when I wake up I consider that a Miracle. I am Alive and you are Alive because God is not finished with us yet.

*Note: This is a story I shared on another thread/forum back in March.

What about you Rarer Way Prior do you have any stories to share?

By the way, I am Praying for my both of my sisters, family, and a church family to return to the Catholic church. I will never give up on them or for anyone who has fallen away for that matter.

God bless,
goforgoal
Thanks. 🙂

All interesting stories. Might I ask what happened to their faith?

Umm… I believe I remember one.

I was just feeling like I should be closer to God, but I wasn’t. I prayed for a while and that next Sunday, the closing hymn at mass was the one I remember them playing way back at my First Communion. I was overwhelmed by a feeling of joy, and I had an overly strong urge to tear. It was amazing.
 
Your rosary stories reminded me of an elderly neighbor.
She prayed the rosary in bed every night, falling to sleep with it.
One morning, she awoke to a broken rosary, beads everywhere.
She got up and went about her day, and later went to gather up the beads and
fix the rosary. It was gone. Everything, the beads, even the ones on the floor.
When she searched her whole house, she found it in the kitchen, inside a decorative
cabinet w/see-thru doors, fully repaired.
She lives alone, and no one came over.
She called the local newspaper, and they did a story on her.
 
Your rosary stories reminded me of an elderly neighbor.
She prayed the rosary in bed every night, falling to sleep with it.
One morning, she awoke to a broken rosary, beads everywhere.
She got up and went about her day, and later went to gather up the beads and
fix the rosary. It was gone. Everything, the beads, even the ones on the floor.
When she searched her whole house, she found it in the kitchen, inside a decorative
cabinet w/see-thru doors, fully repaired.
She lives alone, and no one came over.
She called the local newspaper, and they did a story on her.
Things like that are hard to refute for non-believers, although they’d just say it never broke.
Glory to God.
 
I have a couple of Eucharistic miracle stories I can tell.

One time I was in the hospital in the behavioral health ward due to psychosis caused by a lack of sleep. It was my 3rd day there and there was a possibility of me getting out that day. Well, I had begged the staff to change my wrist band from saying Baptist to saying Catholic. This was before I had been officially received into the Church but was in RCIA. It happened around Christmas time. Anyway, some Eucharistic ministers came up to the behavioral health ward and were going to distribute Holy Communion. They told the Catholics to all get in a line. I had my wrist band saying Catholic by this time so I got in line. I didn’t realize what was about to happen. Next, they handed me the Eucharist. I knew what it was and I recognized and believed that it was the body of Christ but I didn’t know what to do with it because I knew I wasn’t officially Catholic yet. Well, I went ahead and received the Eucharist and ate it. I ended up feeling like I was in total ecstasy. I mean, I was on cloud 9 so to speak. It was truly awesome. I got out of the behavioral health ward that day.

Then there was another time when I was at Mass and I received the Eucharist and it tasted like what I would perceive human flesh to taste like. Of course, I’ve never tasted human flesh but it just had that strange sort of taste to it that made it seem like that is truly what it was. I told my priest about this and he said that since it strengthened my faith, it was a good thing.

And finally, I share with you a story of Eucharistic adoration and of angels. Ok, I had been praying for at least a few days that a healing priest would come to my area. I decided one night to go to the perpetual Eucharistic adoration chapel. I went there and I got down on my knees and knelt before Jesus. Much to my surprise, I noticed a vision in the Eucharist. I saw what appeared to be Jesus’ head tilted downwards as if He were hanging on the cross. Then, as I was getting ready to leave, the man who was the scheduled adorer talked to me. He told me about a healing priest and a healing Mass that was coming up soon. I was so excited! It was an answer to prayers! This man even gave me gas money to be able to get there. Needless to say, I strongly believe that this man was an angel.

Well, that’s all the stories I have for now. I might share with you some stories about my guardian angel next time. 🙂
 
One time I was in the hospital in the behavioral health ward due to psychosis caused by a lack of sleep. It was my 3rd day there and there was a possibility of me getting out that day. Well, I had begged the staff to change my wrist band from saying Baptist to saying Catholic. This was before I had been officially received into the Church but was in RCIA. It happened around Christmas time. Anyway, some Eucharistic ministers came up to the behavioral health ward and were going to distribute Holy Communion. They told the Catholics to all get in a line. I had my wrist band saying Catholic by this time so I got in line. I didn’t realize what was about to happen. Next, they handed me the Eucharist. I knew what it was and I recognized and believed that it was the body of Christ but I didn’t know what to do with it because I knew I wasn’t officially Catholic yet. Well, I went ahead and received the Eucharist and ate it. I ended up feeling like I was in total ecstasy. I mean, I was on cloud 9 so to speak. It was truly awesome. I got out of the behavioral health ward that day.
Though I don’t endorse receiving the Eucharist as a non-Catholic, that is the power of God.
Then there was another time when I was at Mass and I received the Eucharist and it tasted like what I would perceive human flesh to taste like. Of course, I’ve never tasted human flesh but it just had that strange sort of taste to it that made it seem like that is truly what it was. I told my priest about this and he said that since it strengthened my faith, it was a good thing.
I recall seeing a picture of a woman who had received communion, and it turned into real flesh and blood while in her mouth. If I’m not mistaken, she was in Vatican City, but the Pope gave her a blessing afterward.
And finally, I share with you a story of Eucharistic adoration and of angels. Ok, I had been praying for at least a few days that a healing priest would come to my area. I decided one night to go to the perpetual Eucharistic adoration chapel. I went there and I got down on my knees and knelt before Jesus. Much to my surprise, I noticed a vision in the Eucharist. I saw what appeared to be Jesus’ head tilted downwards as if He were hanging on the cross. Then, as I was getting ready to leave, the man who was the scheduled adorer talked to me. He told me about a healing priest and a healing Mass that was coming up soon. I was so excited! It was an answer to prayers! This man even gave me gas money to be able to get there. Needless to say, I strongly believe that this man was an angel.
I have a story to share about my aunt that this just reminded me of for some reason. That is a great experience. Even if it wasn’t an angel, God was behind it.
Well, that’s all the stories I have for now. I might share with you some stories about my guardian angel next time. 🙂
I would love to hear guardian angel stories. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top