I
imo
Guest
Hello.
I decided to start paying my taxes correctly, after much discussion here in this forum.
However I have evaded then per years, thinking since my country is deeply corrupt and the taxes are imo unfair, it would be justified witholding the payment.
I have no legal fear with this past taxes. They will never be charged, it is quite obvious knowing the situation in my country. They are in the most part “donations” made by my parents when I was in college that by this crazy unfair tax code of my country, should have been taxed voluntarly.
It is impossible now to remeber all the money that my parents gave me through the years. I can remember some of the last years money, but not everything. Anyway, anything that I pay regarding past years would have fines.
My question, so, is the follow: may I just start paying everything fine since I didn’t know that what I was doing was a sin and follow my life or I must try to pay the past taxes and ruin my financial life by doing something that probably even the government here would understand why?
I decided to start paying my taxes correctly, after much discussion here in this forum.
However I have evaded then per years, thinking since my country is deeply corrupt and the taxes are imo unfair, it would be justified witholding the payment.
I have no legal fear with this past taxes. They will never be charged, it is quite obvious knowing the situation in my country. They are in the most part “donations” made by my parents when I was in college that by this crazy unfair tax code of my country, should have been taxed voluntarly.
It is impossible now to remeber all the money that my parents gave me through the years. I can remember some of the last years money, but not everything. Anyway, anything that I pay regarding past years would have fines.
My question, so, is the follow: may I just start paying everything fine since I didn’t know that what I was doing was a sin and follow my life or I must try to pay the past taxes and ruin my financial life by doing something that probably even the government here would understand why?
Last edited: