T
TheMc
Guest
Sorry about the confusion on my last thread. This is actually something I’m wondering about. 
I’ve heard people hint towards the idea that Missa De Angelis (Mass VIII) is not “real” chant. Does anyone know why this is, and can explain it to me? It’s certainly much closer to chant than The Mass of Creation, or Gather us In, but that’s beside the point.
I know it is clearly more suitable for Mass than what is heard in most parishes today, but still, my question has been lingering.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Note: Please don’t turn this into a discussion arguing about chant’s proper place in the liturgy. That is clear enough if you read the church’s documents with honesty. If you want, I’d love to chat with you about it, but please start a new thread or PM me.
I’ve heard people hint towards the idea that Missa De Angelis (Mass VIII) is not “real” chant. Does anyone know why this is, and can explain it to me? It’s certainly much closer to chant than The Mass of Creation, or Gather us In, but that’s beside the point.
I know it is clearly more suitable for Mass than what is heard in most parishes today, but still, my question has been lingering.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Note: Please don’t turn this into a discussion arguing about chant’s proper place in the liturgy. That is clear enough if you read the church’s documents with honesty. If you want, I’d love to chat with you about it, but please start a new thread or PM me.