D
Dismas_3073
Guest
I am a retired law enforcement officer I grudgingly retired with 20+ years shortly after 9/11 due to multiple physical ailments. I do have good days and bad days. I am irritated to no end when my back troubles me, because the simpliest activities (sitting, standing, walking) become unbearable. I would’ve have never thought I would find my life interupted in so many ways this early in my years.
I felt wonderful as I recently returned to the sacraments I’ve been away for quite some time, but this weekend my injuries came back to haunt me. I desperately wanted to attend Sunday Mass, but today was one of my bad days. When this happens I have problems with my overall mobility including driving. I knew I wouldn’t have been able to stand or kneel as required, but I still wanted to attend. I am extremely upset I didn’t go to Mass.
My question: Is it a mortal sin to miss Sunday Mass if you are physically unable to do so because of disability?
Please pray for me.
God Bless!
I felt wonderful as I recently returned to the sacraments I’ve been away for quite some time, but this weekend my injuries came back to haunt me. I desperately wanted to attend Sunday Mass, but today was one of my bad days. When this happens I have problems with my overall mobility including driving. I knew I wouldn’t have been able to stand or kneel as required, but I still wanted to attend. I am extremely upset I didn’t go to Mass.
My question: Is it a mortal sin to miss Sunday Mass if you are physically unable to do so because of disability?
Please pray for me.
God Bless!