A
ALLFORHIM
Guest
Hi,Well, I should think we take most all breaches of all of the commandments seriously indeed - most of them would be grave and potentially mortal (which is the worst we can say of any sin). There would only be rare exceptions (for example theft - if you’re doing it because it’s your only option to feed your starving family, or if it’s a tiny sum like 20 cents or something).
Thanks Lily,
Would you consider those thefts still sinful but not worthy of Hell?
I guess I dont understand what makes one sin worse then another. The bible does say that if we are angry with our brother we have committed murder. It seems those 2 would be of equal sin. But we (humans) would not equate them but God does. The bible also says that if you look at another with lust(and you are married)you have committed adultery. Again seems to be equal in Gods eyes. So you see why I am trying to understand where the idea of Mortal vs. venial sin came from.The only sin I know(biblically) worthy of Hell is rejecting Christ as your savior. Is this off topic?
Thanks Lily