S
SpiritFire
Guest
Hi! I am fifteen years old and my father is a music minister at a Catholic church. My family is split between Catholic and Evangelical/Nondenominational/Baptist (i.e. Protestant
)
I have come back to the Catholic faith (Thanks be to God!) and desperately want to live the
Catholic life. So…
P.S. This is a rather painful process. I hate to 'Split" the family, but I believe God has called me to the Catholic Church and that is where I need to be. I also feel I have benefitted somewhat for my years attending a Protestant church. So it’s hard to call my family and the church they attend “heretical”. Not EVERYTHING is heretical!
But God has shown me the full truth belongs to the Church.
I have come back to the Catholic faith (Thanks be to God!) and desperately want to live the
Catholic life. So…
- I can go with my father to all three Sunday Masses.
- With my mother and brothers to the Protestant church. (which I have no interest for anymore).
I have a confession on the 12th of march. Since it is a sin to miss Mass, it is better for me to go to Mass even if I can’t receive Communion until after the 12th, right?
Also, If there is Mass going on in the church, and I am in the church, am I obligated to attend if I have already attended a Mass that day?
My Dad says I should just relax a bit. I don’t really have control of my attendance at Mass, though because he works, I feel I have an opportunity I should not miss (which I do).
I could just miss a couple more weeks and then confess, but that would be kinda like the sin of presumption, wouldn’t it?
P.S. This is a rather painful process. I hate to 'Split" the family, but I believe God has called me to the Catholic Church and that is where I need to be. I also feel I have benefitted somewhat for my years attending a Protestant church. So it’s hard to call my family and the church they attend “heretical”. Not EVERYTHING is heretical!
But God has shown me the full truth belongs to the Church.