Mitch McConnell: "The electoral college has spoken"

• Thread starter Thread starter RootKitWarrior
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RootKitWarrior

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/15/politics/mitch-mcconnell-congratulates-joe-biden/index.html
The electoral college has spoken,” he said from the Senate floor in the US Capitol, adding, “Today I want to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden.”

McConnell’s comments are significant given that many Senate Republicans still wouldn’t recognize Biden’s victory on Monday evening even after the Electoral College made the win official.
In his floor remarks, McConnell also congratulated Vice-President elect Kamala Harris for the first time.

“I also want to congratulate the vice president-elect, our colleague from California, Senator Harris,” he said. “Beyond our differences, all Americans can take pride that our nation has a female vice president-elect for the very first time.”

McConnell said while millions wished the election would have yielded a different result, “our system of government has processes to determine who will be sworn in on January the 20th. The Electoral College has spoken.”

Last edited:
Wow. The Deep State™ just keeps on winning!

This goes a lot higher than I thought.

Trump supporters this past month: “The media doesn’t choose the President!”

You’re right, the electoral college does, and they just did!

It’s not over til inauguration??! 😉

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/15/politics/mitch-mcconnell-joe-biden-president-donald-trump/index.html
See, prior to McConnell, every Republican senator who avoided comment could rest assured knowing that unless and until McConnell came out with a definitive pronouncement about the election winner, they were golden. Because as long as McConnell held out, he would be the focus of every question. And while it might be a little uncomfortable dodging questions – see Sen. John Barrasso – it was a heck of a lot better than having to deal with an angry Trump tweet if they admitted that the incumbent had lost.

The electoral college has spoken and now “the turtle” has spoken.

Mitch said he actually doesn’t mind that nickname :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back