Modest exercise clothing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wbrisc92
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say shorts and a tee shirt are fine. Men’s basketball shorts are silly for a woman. The minute you go to do something like sit-ups, everyone will see your under garments. In the gym, tight, but not too tight is better so no one sees something they shouldn’t.

And now off subject… all this talk of lust and women’s dress. I am pretty sure the sin of lust existed when women were covered from head to tow with veil and long robes. It isn’t new and it isn’t caused by modern dress. It’s something in a man’s mind that will be there no matter how someone dresses.

I personally think men who think that women are the cause of their lust are being deceived by Satan who wants them to not work on their problems… who wants them to keep lusting and to blame others… who whispers, “it’s not your fault, so you don’t need to try to fix this in your own heart.” Lust is a choice that someone makes by making other people sexual objects (both male and female).

Let’s put it this a different way, if you see a rich person and envy that person because they wear expensive clothes… does that make the rich person at fault for your sin of envy? If you went to a priest and said, “I am jealous of Bob because he has nicer clothes and a more expensive watch. I want his money.” Would the priest blame Bob or tell YOU to look in your heart, pray, and reflect?
 
I say shorts and a tee shirt are fine. Men’s basketball shorts are silly for a woman. The minute you go to do something like sit-ups, everyone will see your under garments. In the gym, tight, but not too tight is better so no one sees something they shouldn’t.

And now off subject… all this talk of lust and women’s dress. I am pretty sure the sin of lust existed when women were covered from head to tow with veil and long robes. It isn’t new and it isn’t caused by modern dress. It’s something in a man’s mind that will be there no matter how someone dresses.

I personally think men who think that women are the cause of their lust are being deceived by Satan who wants them to not work on their problems… who wants them to keep lusting and to blame others… who whispers, “it’s not your fault, so you don’t need to try to fix this in your own heart.” Lust is a choice that someone makes by making other people sexual objects (both male and female).

Let’s put it this a different way, if you see a rich person and envy that person because they wear expensive clothes… does that make the rich person at fault for your sin of envy? If you went to a priest and said, “I am jealous of Bob because he has nicer clothes and a more expensive watch. I want his money.” Would the priest blame Bob or tell YOU to look in your heart, pray, and reflect?
**AMEN!
**
 
If a man is seriously going to experience some uncontrollable lust from seeing a female in shorts and a t-shirt, I’d say he’s got some issues to work on. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with someone like that walking freely around town… creepy.
 
I say shorts and a tee shirt are fine. Men’s basketball shorts are silly for a woman. The minute you go to do something like sit-ups, everyone will see your under garments. In the gym, tight, but not too tight is better so no one sees something they shouldn’t.

And now off subject… all this talk of lust and women’s dress. I am pretty sure the sin of lust existed when women were covered from head to tow with veil and long robes. It isn’t new and it isn’t caused by modern dress. It’s something in a man’s mind that will be there no matter how someone dresses.

**I personally think men who think that women are the cause of their lust are being deceived by Satan who wants them to not work on their problems… who wants them to keep lusting and to blame others… who whispers, “it’s not your fault, so you don’t need to try to fix this in your own heart.” Lust is a choice that someone makes by making other people sexual objects (both male and female). **

Let’s put it this a different way, if you see a rich person and envy that person because they wear expensive clothes… does that make the rich person at fault for your sin of envy? If you went to a priest and said, “I am jealous of Bob because he has nicer clothes and a more expensive watch. I want his money.” Would the priest blame Bob or tell YOU to look in your heart, pray, and reflect?
I’ve made this exact point sooo many times. Some people just don’t see it or don’t WANT to see it. 🤷
 
I wear 3/4 Nike loose fit yoga pants, they are really light and barely hug my legs, very airy and mildly flattering as they are so straight. As for tshirts I wear a support tshirt bra, with my dads extremely light tshirt. The reason I do that is to keep myself cool, but also hides everything… It works well for me but I’m quite petite.

Men’s clothes do tend to be heavier but the running shirts are a great material!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top