U
upbeatjonm
Guest
What do you think of this movie? I find it hilarious, but parts seems irreverant to say the least. Is this ok for Catholics to watch, in your opinion?
That’s how I view it, as somewhat harmless as long as you are strong in the faith, and see it for what it is, silly spoofs.My husband is as serious a Catholic as I know, and he LOVES this movie!
You think Holy Grail is bad? Look at the scene about the Catholic family in The Meaning of Life. “Every Sperm is Sacred” always gives me a chuckle, and DH and I joke with each other about it. And DH will sometimes name off two or three of our kids and tell them we’ve had to sell them to the research lab.
It’s OK to laugh at things that poke fun at Catholics. As long as it’s in good fun… let’s face it, there’s a lot of fodder for humor in our Faith!
That’s how I view it, as somewhat harmless as long as you are strong in the faith, and see it for what it is, silly spoofs.
Sounds like Dane Cook…have you ever heard his Catholics vs. Atheists bit? Classic.This is the right attitude.
I’ll never forget the comic I saw who talked about having to fast before Mass, and being starving the whole time. He said he wanted to grab the bowl of hosts from the priest, get a spoon, pour some milk on it, and have some “Christ Chex.” I about died laughing. I know some people will be horrified by that joke, but I just love it. At least in acknowledges the Real Presence!![]()
The previews about Hitler on Ice, the Viking funeral, and Jews in Space were part of the joke in the title.That’s History of the World, Part I, right? Great flick. Wonder if he’ll ever do part 2?
One of my favorite movies of all time.What do you think of this movie? I find it hilarious, but parts seems irreverant to say the least. Is this ok for Catholics to watch, in your opinion?
It gets in some pretty good digs at the Jesus Seminar, too. “Blessed are the cheesemakers?!!”Life of Brian is great too. It doesn’t make fun of Jesus or Christians, but rather, the Jewish and Roman cultures of the time. It has some hard language and a brief full frontal nude, ugly woman, but other than that, it’s hilarious. The Pontious Pilate scenes are the best.
only for Catholics under the age of 17 who are of the age group most receptive to its level of humor.What do you think of this movie? I find it hilarious, but parts seems irreverant to say the least. Is this ok for Catholics to watch, in your opinion?
Hey! I was 19 when it came out back in 1975. I thought it was hilarious then, and I still do today. So “ni” to you!only for Catholics under the age of 17 who are of the age group most receptive to its level of humor.
Love it as much today in my mid-30s as I ever did. So may I add ‘ecky ecky ecky p’tang zoot boing!’Hey! I was 19 when it came out back in 1975. I thought it was hilarious then, and I still do today. So “ni” to you!![]()
I was 27 when it came out. I still laugh at this movie.only for Catholics under the age of 17 who are of the age group most receptive to its level of humor.
At age 47, must respond by commanding you to chop down the largest tree in the forest with…a herring!!!only for Catholics under the age of 17 who are of the age group most receptive to its level of humor.