Moral Issues Abound :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter Womanoffaith10
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Womanoffaith10

Guest
I wouldn’t consider myself overly devout, but I’m feeling a little guilty. So last weekend I went to one of my closest friend’s bachlorette party in NYC and even though I didn’t allow myself to get carried away I still feel guilty that I was there. Like we went to burlesque and pole dancing lessons, but I just watched. Well I swung around the pole, but being funny not trying to be provocative then we went to dinner to a drag queen show. Again just there. Some of it was kinda funny, but still. Also my doc put my on birth control but not prevent pregnancy. I have a hormonal imbalance that makes me ill during “that time of the month.” Am I wrong? Should I maybe go to confession about this?
 
To be honest I wouldn’t feel comfortable with the events at the party either. If its bothering you that could be for a reason. Personally I don’t believe those things are appropriate. St Padre Pio didn’t even let a man go to the ‘disco’ and said its an invitation to sin. Many Saints spoke against dances too… So how much more true those warnings for things that you describe. Its regretful that so often bachelorette parties have these events and it might be good in the future to check the plans 🙂

Regarding the birth control… Is there another way? I realize your intent is not contraceptive but what is the Church teaching in this case? Ive never felt comfortable with it anyway… In addition to being birth control it is also linked to things like breast cancer, loss of bone density, etc
… I have read studies where women used other methods and its been documented that externally applying diluted thyme oil has been more effective than pain meds. I think there must be other ways that don’t have moral and health concerns too? I can relate to your reason though… I’ve just never seen a doctor. Is there a pro life doctor in your area that might suggest something else? I think often doctors go to birth control just by default.
 
I just looked it up and there is tons of literature online about alternatives to birth control for this 🙂 I understand though wanting to see a real doctor not just the internet, maybe there’s a pro life doctor in your area?

I don’t really understand the Church teaching on this… But its still contraceptive, even though not with intent, and even the Catholic Bishops in the US have stated that birth control has bad health risks. Also by avoiding this there is no worry about it being contraceptive. I think since there are other safer methods of regulating hormonal imbalance, that are also not contraceptive, I would personally only feel perfectly ok with those other methods… Even if some allow it in this case, the existence of other methods and health risks make it better to avoid the pills? Do you have any thoughts? I think as a patient though it is well within your rights to seek more medical opinions from other doctors including pro life ones 🙂
 
I’ve tried many other things…, diet, vitamins, everything. Also, my medical conditions worsen then too. I can’t even get pregnant as it is. I’m sure the church has to have some sort of understanding for these circumstances.
 
If you’re using birth control for medical issues it’s not an issue with the Church. As for the party, we’ve all gotten into situations where when we got there we were kinda in over our head (I might say I have and not speak for “all of us”) I just would not attend another event as such.

Sorry to hear of your issues with getting pregnant and I think it’s best to follow your doctor’s advice which is in keeping with the teaching of the Church especially if you have tried diet, vitamins etc with a worsening of your condition.

God bless,
Mary.
 
Sin means avoid sinful places, bad company, and bad talk

I would.confess, before receiving holy.communion.
And never go to such places again

Even being there could have been a source of temptation to others who saw you there or going in, its slander, bad example promoting to others “hey, its okay to do this and that…”
Using the dance pole could have been a source of temptation to onlookers

Fashion also has to be Godly,

You have opportunities to go to normal places like a restaurant at other occasions instead,

Money for entering such places supports those living in sin and those running those busineses

(We cannot judge the people involved),

But Think of the saints

St Philomena.died rather than marry a pagan king

St Padre Pio chased his.friend away with a farming fork (for mentioning something impure)

St Kevin the monk chased away a woman with nettles who was trying to tempt him

St Benedict jumped into a pile of nettles when tempted once by impurity

The saints did not entertain even bad impure thoughts
I wouldn’t consider myself overly devout, but I’m feeling a little guilty. So last weekend I went to one of my closest friend’s bachlorette party in NYC and even though I didn’t allow myself to get carried away I still feel guilty that I was there. Like we went to burlesque and pole dancing lessons, but I just watched. Well I swung around the pole, but being funny not trying to be provocative then we went to dinner to a drag queen show. Again just there. Some of it was kinda funny, but still. Also my doc put my on birth control but not prevent pregnancy. I have a hormonal imbalance that makes me ill during “that time of the month.” Am I wrong? Should I maybe go to confession about this?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top