Moral theology question

  • Thread starter Thread starter mymamamary
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mymamamary

Guest
Hey everyone!!

Let me remain anynomus as to what happened. Someone in my family was wearing immodest clothing and I didnt like it, I was frustrated/mad. Then the anger came across as an “angry impure thought”, I think I tried to bat it away. Im not sure.

Is this a mortal sin?

I just went to confession this morning, I dont want to go again tommorrow, but if I need to, I will.

???

thoughts??
Should I recieve OUR LORD Tommorrow??
 
Frustrated is the key word. Frustration turns into anger. You may need to examine what your frustration emanates from. Talk it out with a priest as well.
 
Whether or not you committed a sin isn’t as much important as the reason you became angry. If you do, it might as well be over something you can change positively. You can’t usually change people’s dress preferences, so I don’t gripe about them, but without context (e.g., where was your relative, what was he or she wearing, etc.) it’s impossible to tell whether or not you were justified.
 
Mortal sins are a lot harder to commit than most well-meaning people think. I doubt very seriously that was a mortal sin.
 
You really do need help with your Scrupulosity. The first step in solving the problem is admitting you have one.
 
My 2-cents:

Were you lusting or looking with “impure thoughts” or did you just see her long enough to become frustrated? Did you keep looking at her?

I doubt simply seeing her or noticing her was a mortal sin, but if you continued to look at her after you first noticed the immodest clothing, then it becomes a gray area. If you looked at her and lusted, then get thee to confession just to be safe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top