Morality of Artificial Intelligence

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lifeisbeautiful3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medicine is interesting as it tries to use evidence based medicine on the one hand and personalized medicine on the other. Most doctors understand the balancing that must occur when treating an individual! I’d say for now, just keep watching…it’s an interesting dilemma.
 
I may be a bit jaded, but I suspect the manufacturers are going to be protected from such lawsuits.
 
I may be a bit jaded, but I suspect the manufacturers are going to be protected from such lawsuits.
However I believe the court of public opinion will do whatever company in.
Once it is revealed that they program AI to evaluate the worth of a human life, people will be shocked.
 
They will, but the programmers don’t have a choice except to abandon control of the vehicle to a human driver, which they will do after the first lawsuit they lose.
 
AI is best suited as a safety system in case the driver is incapacitated.
And in that case, simply pulling safely over.
 
It’s primary function is certainly not that. And there are circumstances where pulling over is not an option. Among them: snow and being under a bridge. That is not exhaustive and shows the number of finite factors is not small. AI in its present state is not up to the job. It will only be accepted if people have no other choice. In the US people prefer their gas guzzling, loud and high torque vehicles.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top