More Changes?

• Thread starter Thread starter TradCatholic12
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TradCatholic12

Now that the Prayer for the Conversion of the Jews has changed, what additional changes to the 1962 missal, if any, will come? It’s sad…I just received a 1962 missal, I’m afraid it will become obsolete.

I highly doubt that there will be any other changes. Keep in mind that the 1962 missal was a revised edition itself. The Mass of 1962 is not exactly the same as the Mass of the Pope St. Pius V, which itself was not the mass of Pope St. Gregory I (which was much closer to the Byzantine Divine Liturgy in a lot of ways…).

I hope there are not many more changes. I prefer the older prayer, however the new one is okay. One plus, it means the Mass of 1962 is here to stay and it is once again a current liturgy in the Church.

Now that the Prayer for the Conversion of the Jews has changed, what additional changes to the 1962 missal, if any, will come? It’s sad…I just received a 1962 missal, I’m afraid it will become obsolete.
The prayer for Conversion of the Jews has NOT changed!!!
Who on earth told you that?

Ken

Will the orders that use the 1962 missal be allowed to retain the old prayer? I hope so.

Will the orders that use the 1962 missal be allowed to retain the old prayer? I hope so.**

I should think that those who follow the EF of the Roman Rite would have to use the new prayer.

I don’t recall hearing that the Dominican or Carmelite or other missals had likewise been freed up by the motu proprio; it applies ONLY to the two forms of the Missale Romanum.

Will the orders that use the 1962 missal be allowed to retain the old prayer? I hope so.**

I should think that those who follow the EF of the Roman Rite would have to use the new prayer.
You are correct; they will have to use the new prayer
I don’t recall hearing that the Dominican or Carmelite or other missals had likewise been freed up by the motu proprio; it applies ONLY to the two forms of the Missale Romanum.
No, but they’ve been doing it, on the quiet!

You are correct; they will have to use the new prayer

No, but they’ve been doing it, on the quiet!
Religious orders have always been allowed to use the missal of their order. However, few do so. On occasion, I attend the Dominican Rite at a Dominican parish here in Portland.

Can anyone point to any order’s missals that have been suppressed?

Adam

COMPARISON OF PRAYERS

Here is a comparison between the two prayers, the traditional prayer for the Jews, maintained in the 1955 Restoration of the Holy Week ceremonies, and the new prayer proposed by the Vatican, with the approval of Benedict XVI, to be incorporated into the traditional Missal:

**Traditional Prayer **

Let us pray also for the faithless Jews: that Our God and Lord would withdraw the veil from their hearts: that they also may acknowledge Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Let us pray.
Let us kneel.
Arise.

Almighty and eternal God, who drivest not away from Thy mercy even the faithless Jews: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people: that acknowledging the light of Thy truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same Our Lord. Amen.

**New Prayer **

Let us pray also for the Jews.

May Our God and Lord enlighten their hearts, so that they may acknowedge Jesus Christ, Savior of all men.

Let us pray.
Let us kneel.
Arise.

Almighty and everlasting God, who desires that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of truth, mercifully grant that, as the fullness of the Gentiles enters into Thy Church, all Israel may be saved. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back