M
Mel_Stones
Guest
I know some of the prayers have specific words that must be said and others the priest may put in his own words.
During the Gloria, my priest at times says “Glory to God in the highest and peace to God’s people on earth”. He also sometimes says “Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord” during the unending hymn of praise. He considers this “more inclusive” and when I pointed out that it, indeed, wasn’t “more inclusive” he grinned - I know this grin and it meant “I know you aren’t going to let me off the hook so we’ll talk later”.
I will talk to him about this more extensively but my question is: Are these prayers ones that should not be changed at all or is he allowed to make this change?
During the Gloria, my priest at times says “Glory to God in the highest and peace to God’s people on earth”. He also sometimes says “Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord” during the unending hymn of praise. He considers this “more inclusive” and when I pointed out that it, indeed, wasn’t “more inclusive” he grinned - I know this grin and it meant “I know you aren’t going to let me off the hook so we’ll talk later”.
I will talk to him about this more extensively but my question is: Are these prayers ones that should not be changed at all or is he allowed to make this change?