M
Matt_Collins
Guest
Fr. Mark Kirby, of the Vultus Christi blog, has a link to a wonderful pamphlet on scrupulosity, written by Fr. Willie Doyle, S.J., apparently in the early 1900’s.
The whole pamphlet is a great read. But one quote I found especially interesting, and I thought it would be good to post it here for discussion. Here it is:
The whole pamphlet is a great read. But one quote I found especially interesting, and I thought it would be good to post it here for discussion. Here it is:
According to the Council of Trent and the surest theology, one is only obliged to confess sins which one is certain are mortal, that is to say, the grave guilt of which is as certain as it is that two and two make four.
Thoughts, anyone?Sins, mortal in themselves, but which are committed in doubt, are not necessary matter for confession.