Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Stoy of a Nun, Her Nerve and a Network of Miracles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Courtneyjo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished listening to the Audio Book version. LOVED IT!
You loved the book, GET THE AUDIO!
Raymond does a wonderful job with it, and he acutally impersonalizes ALL the voices. It make you feel like it’s NOT a book after all but a drama performed just for you!

As for the content, there’s A LOT of jewels of quotes to ponder about for years to come.
I have a NEW love and respect for Mother and how her life is a Gift and Sign of Our Lord’s providence.

Do you think Raymond would allow his book to be made into a movie? If this book was to be a movie, it would be MOST inspiring!
 
40.png
Courtneyjo:
The Nun Who Became A Mogul

“Raymond Arroyo’s authorized biography of Mother Angelica made The New York Times bestseller list in the first week of its publication. Remarkable for any book, but particularly so for a study of an American Roman Catholic nun. And one whose name probably means very little to most people reading this column.”

canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/issuesideas/story.html?id=11f5165d-bc18-4bf2-bb67-0660a27c196e
DId the book it #1? I hadn’t heard anything if it did.
 
40.png
Edwin1961:
I just finished listening to the Audio Book version. LOVED IT!
You loved the book, GET THE AUDIO!
Raymond does a wonderful job with it, and he acutally impersonalizes ALL the voices. It make you feel like it’s NOT a book after all but a drama performed just for you!

As for the content, there’s A LOT of jewels of quotes to ponder about for years to come.
I have a NEW love and respect for Mother and how her life is a Gift and Sign of Our Lord’s providence.

Do you think Raymond would allow his book to be made into a movie? If this book was to be a movie, it would be MOST inspiring!
I just finished the book and am very interested to hear Raymond’s voice impersonations on the audio CD version.

And yes - this would be a terrrific movie!
 
I LOVED this book. I cried alot through the last chapters.

The Church politics involving the Bishops Conference is interesting – and telling.

I don’t know why I was surprised at Raymond’s excellent storytelling. I will definitely buy his next book.
 
I read this book several weeks ago - and just loved it. Mother Angelica is such a courageous, strong woman, a true inspiration. I found the story of how she stood up to such egotistical bishops just amazing - how many of us could be this strong?! I am so grateful to her for her work and for EWTN. Raymond did a terrific job! He showed us her difficulties, her strength, her humor, and her determination - wonderful!
 
I was not too aware of the beginnings of EWTN or Mother Angelica. I also read the book after hearing Arroyo on Larua Ingraham’s show. It was very interesting and I was amazed at the controversies over her place that she built and her cable network. She cut a few corners in terms of getting permission and it is rather comical really when you think of it. No one was too worried about it until it grew like it did. It is a good read. I will read it again.
 
I read the book when it first came out. I’m not a reader but I could hardly put it down. It really explained how she prayed to Jesus and somehow she got the funds to start the station. Thank God for Mother Angelica.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top