Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Stoy of a Nun, Her Nerve and a Network of Miracles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Courtneyjo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Edwin1961:
Catholic Answers Live tonight had Raymond Arroyo talk about the book.
Great program tonight, if you get a chance to listen to the program listen to it from the program archives.
Raymond mentioned that next week, the LARGE PRINT version comes out. On October 1, the audio book comes out. The audio book will be ‘almost like a radio program’…Raymond does the VOICES of Mother Angelica, JPII and others…Raymond is good at imitation of voices (he demostrated it on tonight’s radio show)
Thanks for the info. I am listening from the program archive right now.
 
Just finished the book, I am going to buy another copy to give to my mother so she can read it and hopefully pass it along.

Mother Angelica is truly an inspiration, we can do more with our lives than just participating. If a person with that much against her can do that what could we do if we allow God to work with us?

God Bless
Scylla
 
If you watch EWTN you will be able to see small vignettes (commercials for the book) with Raymond Arroyo and photos and clips of Mother Angelica and places important in her life. Very funny when Arroyo does Mother’s voice. He is such a good mimic and does twenty-seven voices on the audiobook due out next month.
 
I just listened to the CA live show with Raymond Arroyo. I was so entertained by the voices that he did that I’m tempted to get the book on CD. His imitation of Mother Angelica was a hoot!
 
Raymond Arroyo is tops! I have a totally pure crush on him. :love:
 
Raymond will be appearing TODAY on Laura Ingraham’s National Talk Show.
Here is her website and Laura will post on her site more about Raymond’s book.
 
Mother Angelica is my hero!!! Raymond compares her to Mother Theresa in their total trust in God…it is all so saintly and beautiful! Although I do prefer Mother’s spunk…must be the french in me! 😃
 
Arroyo will be speaking at the AveMarie School of Law next week and will autograph the book too.
 
Raymond and the book received kind words in the most recent issue of National Review magazine.
 
40.png
ridesawhitehors:
Raymond Arroyo is tops! I have a totally pure crush on him. :love:
Me too! My husband says that Raymond looks like Pee-Wee Herman!:bigyikes: I told him that is not funny or nice:tsktsk:
 
40.png
Edwin1961:
Raymond will be appearing TODAY on Laura Ingraham’s National Talk Show.
Here is her website and Laura will post on her site more about Raymond’s book.
I heard him on Laura’s show this morning, and he was wonderful! Laura’s reading the book, and couldn’t recommend it more highly. She recommended to anyone! Said you don’t have to be Catholic to be inspired by Mother Angelica! She is definitely a saint for the masses. I can’t wait to get the book for myself.

BTW. Marcus Grodi was here a few months ago, and someone asked him about Mother and the Rosary program. He said if you’ll notice, she’s reading the prayers. She speaks better from a script. May God bless her.

And bless you all.
Ruthmary
 
I am going to get the audio book when it comes out. I am sure it will be even MORE enjoyable to listen to. 🙂
 
40.png
Lucania:
Me too! My husband says that Raymond looks like Pee-Wee Herman!:bigyikes: I told him that is not funny or nice:tsktsk:
:rotfl:

Well, to be honest, he kind of does…😃
 
wife and I had opp. to drive up to Buffalo to meet Raymond and get an autographed copy of his new book. After meeting him and seeing how genuine he is I cant think of anyone better to write a book of our future media Saint.

Ray’s website is www.raymondarroyo.com if you’re interested to see if hes coming to a town near you or if you want to buy his book 👍 .

GOD BLESS!
 
One more thing,
Sorry for the plug for my hometown but if you’re ever in Cleveland skip the rock n roll hall of fame heres where to go…

Go to where it all started for Mother A.

St. Paul’s Shrine of Perpetual Adoration
Conversion of St. Paul Church
4120 Euclid Avenue
CLEVELAND, OH 44103
(216) 431-8854

and a few miles east down Euclid Ave. right off Chardon Road is an amazing shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes. If you go to the Lourdes Shrine make sure to stop in to gift shop and say hi to Sr. Margaret Mary let her know Gary and Michelle sent you…lol

heres Lourdes Shrine info

National American Shrine and Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes
Euclid Avenue at Chardon Rd. (U.S. Route 20)
21281 Chardon Rd.
EUCLID , OH 44117
(216) 481-8232

Have a GREAT weekend!!! :cool:
 
I just finished this book, and all I can say is…WOW! What an unbelievable story, absolutely amazing what God has in store for those who follow Him.

Her relationship with the Bishops in this country was an eye-opener, and I loved how the Vatican sublty supported Mother and EWTN. I have always had a dislike for the Bishops conference (although it does seem to be getting better in recent years), and this book validated much of what I thought about the conference. We must pray for our Bishops!

I had no idea about all of the conflicts, miracles, and changes that took place in Mother’s life and EWTN’s development. I am even further excited about the PCPA starting a new foundation in Phoenix, and after reading this I plan on doing whatever I can to support them.

There is no doubt in my book that Mother Angelica will be a saint.

Now, if Pope Benedict will once again reinforce the ad orientem aspect of the Mass, maybe EWTN will once again be able to return to ad orientem.

Thank you God for the gift of Mother Angelica, her order, and EWTN.

I can’t imagine how much worse off the Church in America would be without these gifts.
 
40.png
proud2bcatholic:
I just finished this book, and all I can say is…WOW! What an unbelievable story, absolutely amazing what God has in store for those who follow Him.

Her relationship with the Bishops in this country was an eye-opener, and I loved how the Vatican sublty supported Mother and EWTN. I have always had a dislike for the Bishops conference (although it does seem to be getting better in recent years), and this book validated much of what I thought about the conference. We must pray for our Bishops!

I had no idea about all of the conflicts, miracles, and changes that took place in Mother’s life and EWTN’s development. I am even further excited about the PCPA starting a new foundation in Phoenix, and after reading this I plan on doing whatever I can to support them.

There is no doubt in my book that Mother Angelica will be a saint.

Now, if Pope Benedict will once again reinforce the ad orientem aspect of the Mass, maybe EWTN will once again be able to return to ad orientem.

Thank you God for the gift of Mother Angelica, her order, and EWTN.

I can’t imagine how much worse off the Church in America would be without these gifts.
Code:
I, too, just finished the book. I cannot add what you have said. Although I am not from the US, I believe she would encounter the same probles here. My pastor said that most priests here do not like her at all…so, what else is new??? :rolleyes:

I agree, she will be made a saint one day. It sounds she has had visions and no doubt locutions. But, we will find out only after (maybe). May the Lord continue to use her powerfully. In the meantime, she is an inspiration to me…to follow Jesu sno matter what and to stand up for the teachings of the Church!
 
A Nun in Full

“No one in his right mind would have expected Rita Rizzo, whom the world would later know as “Mother Angelica,” to build the first global Catholic media empire. Not to put too fine a point on it, clan Rizzo’s misadventures give the words “dysfunctional family” new depths of meaning. A cruel father and an endlessly neurotic mother weave in and out of a story that, while set in the same period of time, certainly isn’t Going My Way. Nor are her early days in the convent easy for Angelica, as she’s beset by unimaginative superiors, not always sympathetic colleagues, and serious health problems.”

“None of this suggests capacities that would eventually parallel those of a Rupert Murdoch or Ted Turner — yet that is what
Mother Angelica became. How she imagined a global Catholic television empire, the faith with which she built it (coming within an ace of bankruptcy at times), and how she successfully fought off attempts to seize what she had built: it’s quite a compelling story, full of plot twists and turns, and not without its moments of failure.”

catholicexchange.com/vm/index.asp?vm_id=6&art_id=30304
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top