Motivational speakers and books

• Thread starter Thread starter Chip
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chip

I have been doing a lot of listening and reading of motivational items lately. (i.e. Brian Tracy, Wayne Dyer, Tony Robbins, etc) In the past I did not give them much of my attention, but now after my “reversion” 5 years ago when I listen to these individuals and put it through my Catholic filter many of the things they say make sense (although it seems a little to health and wealth gospel to me).

I just wanted to know if anyone has had a lot of experience with these philosophies, because they all work on the same basic principles. I have made some changes in my life I know to be good, but I do not want to be giving in to a philosophy that has some hidden agenda (other than selling their wares), that may be harmful.

Ant ideas or food for thought would be greatly appreciated

Peace
Chip

I do not know if this is what you are looking for, but I have a book which was written by a Catholic man who was born with NO arms.
‘What’s Your Excuse’ written by John P. Foppe, is inspirational in content and shows what can be overcome with faith, love and determination.
John appeared on EWTN Bookmark in early 2003,
Since I am visually imparied I thought it was a book I needed.
(I hadn’t finished it yet).
Hope this helps.

Go with God!
Edwin

Leading motivational speakers mainly provide classes as well as books and many other teaching facilities to create new motivational speakers. When a ordinary seminar or lecture is not enough to acquire desired results then many companies hire motivational speakers to come in and deliver a heavier blow.

keynote speaker

I am very interested in reading and listening lots of motivational items because I want to become motivational speaker. Keynote speaker can engage the audience and share best experiences, practices without boring audience.

keynote speaker

Our company is searching for a motivational keynote Speaker, stand-up and corporate comedian? It should motivate our attendees to take interest in the activities on your agenda that follow.Can you suggest someone in our area.

Motivational

here are similarities between motivational speakers and inspirational speakers, and someone could be labeled as both simultaneously, but they are not necessarily interchangeable.

Motivational Speaker
🙂

Are not our priests’ motivational speakers. Yes I agree not always do they give such inspiring sermons during Sunday liturgy. But many a talks I have heard had given a lot of insights which are based on bible and when compared to new age motivational speakers do not vary much. They are in fact saying something little explicitly which are already there in bible. All talk about belief, gratitude and attitude for healthy, wealthy and content life, but only with a material angle.

I have been doing a lot of listening and reading of motivational items lately. (i.e. Brian Tracy, Wayne Dyer, Tony Robbins, etc) In the past I did not give them much of my attention, but now after my “reversion” 5 years ago when I listen to these individuals and put it through my Catholic filter many of the things they say make sense (although it seems a little to health and wealth gospel to me).

I just wanted to know if anyone has had a lot of experience with these philosophies, because they all work on the same basic principles. I have made some changes in my life I know to be good, but I do not want to be giving in to a philosophy that has some hidden agenda (other than selling their wares), that may be harmful.

Ant ideas or food for thought would be greatly appreciated

Peace
Chip
Matthew Kelly is the one who you are looking for.

Check this book:
amazon.com/gp/product/0743265254/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

He is Catholic. Writer and motivational speaker. His book will help you to get extra energy to go through life with passion and instead of wasting time you will start achieving. This book changed my life by change of seeing life. I recommend this book to everybody. I gave this book to 4 people so far as a gift. You can buy it used on Amazon for $5 + shipping. Amazing book. I want to read more of his books. Matthew Kelly is the best so far for me. I went through lot of motivation speakers and writers. He is better than Zig Ziglar. Oh my goodness I will read The Rhythm of Life again!!!

I have been doing a lot of listening and reading of motivational items lately. (i.e. Brian Tracy, Wayne Dyer, Tony Robbins, etc) In the past I did not give them much of my attention, but now after my “reversion” 5 years ago when I listen to these individuals and put it through my Catholic filter many of the things they say make sense (although it seems a little to health and wealth gospel to me).Peace Chip
Wayne Dyer is a huge fan of the channeled “Abraham” books by Esther Hicks–he wrote a glowing intro for at least one book.

In my opinion, any entity that takes over your body is demonic. So, no Wayne Dyer for this chick!

Edit: I just realized this thread is years old! Gets me every time! 😊

I’m reading a book called, “Psychology As Religion: The Cult of Self-Worship” by Paul C. Vitz. He analyzes how the psychology and pop psychology keep people from experiencing true happiness because they are fooled into substituting self-centeredness for true happiness that comes from loving God and neighbor.
I think we ought to be a little more skeptical about psychology that is not based on scientific research . It is mostly unsubstantiated opinion without any proof of its effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back