T
thomaspdom
Guest
I have loved the Mass for more than sixty-five years. I have always loved the rules that
no matter where you attended Mass, that the movements would be as close as possible to being the same actions for the Mass by each of the priests who are presiding at the Mass.
I have noticed there are variations from many priests who preside at Mass. Also, my
understanding at a Mass, that only concelebrating priests may stand during the consecration, and all others should kneel, but in many chruches this is not done.
In reference to the Mass, there are times when certain actions or movements by the priests are not done as I had thought, but there are also variations in the movements and actions of priests at Mass.
Seminaries teach novices how to preside at a Mass. I would think that all students would learn to do the same actions at a Mass.
But, when attending Mass at different churches, one will see a difference in the actions of the priests presiding at the Mass.
I realize there might be some minor differences, but I would like to understand
why there are the changes seen at Mass by the priests.
no matter where you attended Mass, that the movements would be as close as possible to being the same actions for the Mass by each of the priests who are presiding at the Mass.
I have noticed there are variations from many priests who preside at Mass. Also, my
understanding at a Mass, that only concelebrating priests may stand during the consecration, and all others should kneel, but in many chruches this is not done.
In reference to the Mass, there are times when certain actions or movements by the priests are not done as I had thought, but there are also variations in the movements and actions of priests at Mass.
Seminaries teach novices how to preside at a Mass. I would think that all students would learn to do the same actions at a Mass.
But, when attending Mass at different churches, one will see a difference in the actions of the priests presiding at the Mass.
I realize there might be some minor differences, but I would like to understand
why there are the changes seen at Mass by the priests.