This post contains spoilers
.I didn’t like it. Aside from the shaky camera (which I hated) there were a number of problems with the movie. First and foremost, the whole idea of the movie is that we’re down with the characters in the middle of the event as it’s happening. I don’t know a single person who, if they were in a similar situation, would spend so much time filming his friends while they crack off stupid one liners. The camera would be on the monster the whole time. I kept waiting for Rob to yell something like, “Why the *&^% are you pointing the camera at me? Film the monster!” But alas, it never happened.
Also, I hated the origin of the monster that was presented at the end of the film. It fell from space? At exactly the same time Rob was filming the ocean a month earlier? Coincidence? It would have been much better if, at the end of the film, the camera panned out, showing that the footage we, the audience, had just scene was being viewed by the military or scientists, etc. During a report one of them makes, they could provide a much more detailed an interesting origin story and provide a more detailed and interesting situation of where the monster is now. It would still leave it wide open for a sequel (assuming they plan on making one), but would provide a better sense of closure to this film, in addition to making it much more interesting.