A
Andruschak
Guest
We need a list of movies that parents should make an effort to avoid having their children see them. I’ll start off with my top pick.
Background: I am a recovered alcoholic, 24 years sober in AA. So I know what I am talking about. This movie features an underage drinker. So underage as to not be in puberty yet. He gets drunk in the company of his guardian. So drunk that both guardian and kid start having hallucinations, ending in a blackout. They wake up not knowing where they are or how the got there.
Trust me, blackouts are a sign of alcoholism. Do you REALLY want your kids to see all this in a movie?
Yes, let us boycot Walt Disney’s DUMBO
Background: I am a recovered alcoholic, 24 years sober in AA. So I know what I am talking about. This movie features an underage drinker. So underage as to not be in puberty yet. He gets drunk in the company of his guardian. So drunk that both guardian and kid start having hallucinations, ending in a blackout. They wake up not knowing where they are or how the got there.
Trust me, blackouts are a sign of alcoholism. Do you REALLY want your kids to see all this in a movie?
Yes, let us boycot Walt Disney’s DUMBO