Msgr. Eugene Kevane books?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clairvaux
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clairvaux

Guest
Is anyone familair with the books of Msgr. Eugene Kevane ? Thoughts ?

The Deposit of Faith: What the Catholic Church Really Believes: Jesus Teaching Divine Revelation in his Body, the Church
amazon.com/Deposit-Faith-Catholic-Believes-Revelation/dp/1418429732/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1312616246&sr=1-1

Jesus the Divine Teacher: What the Prophets Really Foretold
amazon.com/Jesus-Divine-Teacher-Prophets-Foretold/dp/1420846868/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b

More information about Msgr. Eugene Kevane :

hebrewcatholic.org/AboutheAHC/MsgrEugeneKevane/msgrkevaneobitua.html
 
I am a professional catechist, and I have benefited greatly from the many writings of Msgr. Kevane, not only the two books mentioned above (which are actually sitting next to me on my desk as I type this), but also his works, Augustine the Educator and Creed and Catechetics. He was the creative genius behind what is now Ignatius Press’s Faith and Life Series, Grades 1-8 catechism class textbooks. Working with Robert I. Bradley, SJ, Msgr. Kevane produced a new translation of the Roman Catechism (that of Trent) which was published in 1985. I reference this translation of the 1566 Roman Catechism that I do the 1997 Catechism of the Catholic Church. I do so for many reasons; perhaps I shall save those reasons for future posts. All the aforementioned texts, in addition to Robert I. Bradley’s doctoral dissertation, The Roman Catechism in the Catechetical Tradition of the Church: The Structure of the Roman Catechism As Illustrative of the “Classic Catechesis”, have influenced all of my catechetical endeavors. I wish I could have studied under him directly. Requiescat in pace.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top