Multilingual Order of the Mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eungang
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eungang

Guest
I am a US expat living in South Korea. I am wondering if anyone here may know of any books or apps which offer the Order of the Mass in multiple languages, Korean and English in particular? I attend weekday mass but everything is in Korean, which I am far from being fluent in. What would be hugely helpful would be to have the Order of the Mass in front of me with responses in the Korean language so that I can participate. Presently, I respond quietly in English. Fortunately, I can have with me the day’s readings, Gospel and responsories and just read them in English to myself while they are being read aloud in Korean. I am lost in the homily, but try to just reflect upon the Gospel reading on my own while the homily is being delivered. I continue to study the Korean language, of course, fluency the ultimate solution, but in the meantime I seek other means!

Sunday’s, I attend mass in English in a nearby city. Weekday mass in English is not available anywhere in the country, so far as I know. Anyway, any help or insights would be much appreciated, God bless!
 
If only the Church had a common language…
Latin mass is not an option here, from what I’ve learned. There is one church somewhere in Seoul which holds high mass on Sunday, but Seoul is a bit of a distance for me, and I don’t believe there are any Latin weekday masses. In any case, my main interest is to join devoted Korean parishioners in our community during the week. I travel to a nearby city for mass in English on Sunday afternoon’s.

I find it difficult to believe I am the only one in the world in a situation where I cannot speak the native language well enough to participate in the local mass. Multilingual Roman missals seem to me to be a natural solution. I was sure there would be an app for that! 🤷
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top