Multiple novenas. . . No results

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZellieFan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZellieFan

Guest
I love the saints and have prayed so many novenas over the past few years (for the intention of meeting the right man for marriage) but this prayer has not been answered. Most recently I prayed to St. Joseph and hoped for a miracle today but nothing happened. I love the saints but I’m discouraged. I know they are subject to God’s will too but I hoped one of these novenas would come to fruition. 😦
 
Perhaps your ideal man is not yet in the right place in his own life to meet you?

I was 61 when I met the right man for me - as a result of prayer over many years. All the years I was praying, he was a happily married man. Then his wife died. God had kept me for him!
 
Hi!

It is not my intention to discourage your prayers, and I am just assuming you’ve discerned this is the right path for you, so I won’t go into that.

Sometimes you have to trust that God hears your prayers, and to leave it with him for a while. It’s hard sometimes when we don’t get what we want, so we keep praying and praying and praying, and then we start to lose faith. What we should really want is conformity to God’s will. So work on that.

I don’t mean to imply that conforming to God’s will means to accept that he does not want you to be married, because I really don’t know, but what is God’s will in other areas of your life. How can you be a great Lay woman? How can you be more faithful, more joyful, and more loving in your daily life? Seek first the Kingdom and all that…

Peace:)

PS. But, maybe you are setting your expectations too high? Maybe you can try praying for a coffee date first…
 
I know firsthand how disheartening that can be. I prayed and prayed for a particular thing to occur, always ending my prayer with “Thy will be done.”

After 15 years of praying like that, it finally came to fruition.

But you know what? That turned out to be the right time for it to happen!

God always wants what’s best for you. “We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

Please remember that God sees the big picture, including all the consequences–both for ourselves and for others–of giving us what we desire. Just keep on praying, and if the right man for you is out there, God will arrange for you to meet him at the right time. And you know what? He will be worth the wait!
 
Often the answer is “Yes, but not yet”. As a single guy feeling strongly called to marriage, but not currently dating anyone, I have decided to pray for the girl that God has in mind for me, whoever and wherever she is. I’ll pray for her day, for mundane things, for spiritual things, and just everything in general. And if I am wrong and am not called to marriage, I ask God to transfer these blessings to someone out there who really needs it.

I encourage you to give it a shot. I have found that this has greatly helped me in my acceptance of waiting.
 
Perhaps your ideal man is not yet in the right place in his own life to meet you?

I was 61 when I met the right man for me - as a result of prayer over many years. All the years I was praying, he was a happily married man. Then his wife died. God had kept me for him!
I pray that we are ready for each other. I am also trying to get ready if I’M actually the problem. I’m glad you met your guy at 61 but I am hoping to have (many) children one day. Time is running out. . .
 
We’re on our 4th or 5 novena to St. Joseph concerning finding a new home. Mostly we pray to discern God’s will for us, tho we still ask for the outcome we want. 🙂

What can seem like no answer is really either “no” or “not yet.” Patience!
 
Hi!

It is not my intention to discourage your prayers, and I am just assuming you’ve discerned this is the right path for you, so I won’t go into that.

Sometimes you have to trust that God hears your prayers, and to leave it with him for a while. It’s hard sometimes when we don’t get what we want, so we keep praying and praying and praying, and then we start to lose faith. What we should really want is conformity to God’s will. So work on that.

I don’t mean to imply that conforming to God’s will means to accept that he does not want you to be married, because I really don’t know, but what is God’s will in other areas of your life. How can you be a great Lay woman? How can you be more faithful, more joyful, and more loving in your daily life? Seek first the Kingdom and all that…

Peace:)

PS. But, maybe you are setting your expectations too high? Maybe you can try praying for a coffee date first…
I always try to defer to God’s will. But I have to admit that I am disappointed. I actually told God, Our Lady and St. Joseph that this morning. I am NOT mad or upset with God. But I am disappointed.

BTW, I figured praying for a spouse included the dates prior to getting married. 😉
 
I know firsthand how disheartening that can be. I prayed and prayed for a particular thing to occur, always ending my prayer with “Thy will be done.”

After 15 years of praying like that, it finally came to fruition.

But you know what? That turned out to be the right time for it to happen!

God always wants what’s best for you. “We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

Please remember that God sees the big picture, including all the consequences–both for ourselves and for others–of giving us what we desire. Just keep on praying, and if the right man for you is out there, God will arrange for you to meet him at the right time. And you know what? He will be worth the wait!
Thank you for your reply and encouragement.
 
Often the answer is “Yes, but not yet”. As a single guy feeling strongly called to marriage, but not currently dating anyone, I have decided to pray for the girl that God has in mind for me, whoever and wherever she is. I’ll pray for her day, for mundane things, for spiritual things, and just everything in general. And if I am wrong and am not called to marriage, I ask God to transfer these blessings to someone out there who really needs it.

I encourage you to give it a shot. I have found that this has greatly helped me in my acceptance of waiting.
I do this too! I read a great book called Praying for Your Future Spouse and I learned to pray for all sorts of things for “him.” I think this helps to make it seem like we’re connected somehow. . .
 
I have decided to pray for the girl that God has in mind for me, whoever and wherever she is. I’ll pray for her day, for mundane things, for spiritual things, and just everything in general.
I think that might be the most adorable thing I’ve ever heard, ❤️❤️❤️
 
We’re on our 4th or 5 novena to St. Joseph concerning finding a new home. Mostly we pray to discern God’s will for us, tho we still ask for the outcome we want. 🙂

What can seem like no answer is really either “no” or “not yet.” Patience!
Thanks for your encouragement.
 
Zellie,

Keep your prayers going, but in the meantime make sure you are giving your all to God. This may be what you are doing already so forgive me.

I have been single for all of my adult life, struggling with being single in a married world. In my struggle I made 2 almost disastrous decisions that would have been terrible for my spiritual growth and life in Christ. Thank God, He kept me safe from this!!

What I have learned over the years that I’m much happier by giving my life to Jesus. I imagine a ring on my left finger as one from Him - I became much more peaceful in my life and happier as well!! I’ve watched 4 of my siblings struggle thru marriage and divorce and struggle again thru remarriage and divorce…that would have been me because of things that happened when we were children. God’s grace for me is that I’ve become peaceful in who I am as a single person and, while I hope in Him for a partner, I know I can be happy with him. I have no children but I was a teacher and poured all my love out on them and now on the babies who have just become part of our lives in my family.

I will pray that God will grant you what you want and need in your life.

God bless!!

Rita
 
Sweet friend, no answer is still an answer. While it is possible that the answer you are receiving is “No, my child. Marriage is not what I have intended for you.” it is equally possible that the answer is simply “Not yet”.

Hope is so fickle sometimes, and it is surprisingly easy to lose. To safeguard myself against this, I try to avoid prayers that are specific and focus on prayers that are intended to align my heart with the Father’s will. This doesn’t mean that I don’t share my heart and express my wants and desires with Him–either directly or through the saints–but I always try to recall Christ in the garden of Gethsemane where He asked that the cup be taken away, but specified “Only according to Your will”. This alone tells us that sometimes, God’s will may differ greatly from our own. And we saw how it played out–Christ was tortured, mocked and crucified. This was God’s will.

I don’t mean to paint a dark picture for you. Just perspective. Put your trust and faith in God, not in any ideas or longings of your own heart. He will care for you exactly how you need to be cared for!! :hug3:

p.s. Just an add on… continue praying for your future spouse. I prayed for mine since childhood, and he made some pretty terrible choices when he was a teen and early adult. I hate to think what choices he would have made had those prayers NOT been offered on his behalf! :eek: 🙂
 
What you are missing is faith, patience
Be happily ready to accept whatever God wants, in His timing. And you will have peace. Otherwise you pick up His plough but keep looking back in sadness.

I read of a priest in the healing ministry who wrote that miracles come from faith
Which means believing you have received your answer first (Jesus said this in the bible also, believe you have received it and the Heavenly Father will grant it)

ThaNk God in advance for answering that prayer His way and be amazed! Thank Him whenever you think about it.

Jesus said if a person has only the faith the size of a mustard seed, they could move mountains to the sea.

Jesus could not perform many miracles in His hometown because of their lack of faith.

Jesus did not perform miracles generally without asking the person to have faith, “Do you believe I can heal you? Do you believe I can make you well?
And; May it be done for you according to your faith.”

Jesus told St Faustina, our faith is the bucket we bring to the well of His grace, -the bigger our faith the bigger our bucket, the more we receive.
I love the saints and have prayed so many novenas over the past few years (for the intention of meeting the right man for marriage) but this prayer has not been answered. Most recently I prayed to St. Joseph and hoped for a miracle today but nothing happened. I love the saints but I’m discouraged. I know they are subject to God’s will too but I hoped one of these novenas would come to fruition. 😦
 
Zellie,

Keep your prayers going, but in the meantime make sure you are giving your all to God. This may be what you are doing already so forgive me.

I have been single for all of my adult life, struggling with being single in a married world. In my struggle I made 2 almost disastrous decisions that would have been terrible for my spiritual growth and life in Christ. Thank God, He kept me safe from this!!

What I have learned over the years that I’m much happier by giving my life to Jesus. I imagine a ring on my left finger as one from Him - I became much more peaceful in my life and happier as well!! I’ve watched 4 of my siblings struggle thru marriage and divorce and struggle again thru remarriage and divorce…that would have been me because of things that happened when we were children. God’s grace for me is that I’ve become peaceful in who I am as a single person and, while I hope in Him for a partner, I know I can be happy with him. I have no children but I was a teacher and poured all my love out on them and now on the babies who have just become part of our lives in my family.

I will pray that God will grant you what you want and need in your life.

God bless!!

Rita
I feel like God is the center of my life. I’m not perfect but my life pretty much revolves around my faith. Also, I’m not a miserable person to be around. I keep an active life and try to do things that I enjoy instead of wallow in self-pity at home. But at the end of the day, when I am all alone, it’s just me and the Lord. He *is *enough but he can’t give me a hug, you know? I try to spend time in His presence in the monstrance as much as I can because at least I can see Him then. Anyway, thank you for your prayers. I will try to keep going!
 
Sweet friend, no answer is still an answer. While it is possible that the answer you are receiving is “No, my child. Marriage is not what I have intended for you.” it is equally possible that the answer is simply “Not yet”.

Hope is so fickle sometimes, and it is surprisingly easy to lose. To safeguard myself against this, I try to avoid prayers that are specific and focus on prayers that are intended to align my heart with the Father’s will. This doesn’t mean that I don’t share my heart and express my wants and desires with Him–either directly or through the saints–but I always try to recall Christ in the garden of Gethsemane where He asked that the cup be taken away, but specified “Only according to Your will”. This alone tells us that sometimes, God’s will may differ greatly from our own. And we saw how it played out–Christ was tortured, mocked and crucified. This was God’s will.

I don’t mean to paint a dark picture for you. Just perspective. Put your trust and faith in God, not in any ideas or longings of your own heart. He will care for you exactly how you need to be cared for!! :hug3:

p.s. Just an add on… continue praying for your future spouse. I prayed for mine since childhood, and he made some pretty terrible choices when he was a teen and early adult. I hate to think what choices he would have made had those prayers NOT been offered on his behalf! :eek: 🙂
Thank you. If He would very firmly just tell me that marriage is not His will, I could move on–I really could. It’s the deferred hope and dashed realities that make it hard sometimes.
 
What you are missing is faith, patience
Be happily ready to accept whatever God wants, in His timing. And you will have peace. Otherwise you pick up His plough but keep looking back in sadness.

I read of a priest in the healing ministry who wrote that miracles come from faith
Which means believing you have received your answer first (Jesus said this in the bible also, believe you have received it and the Heavenly Father will grant it)

ThaNk God in advance for answering that prayer His way and be amazed! Thank Him whenever you think about it.

Jesus said if a person has only the faith the size of a mustard seed, they could move mountains to the sea.

Jesus could not perform many miracles in His hometown because of their lack of faith.

Jesus did not perform miracles generally without asking the person to have faith, “Do you believe I can heal you? Do you believe I can make you well?
And; May it be done for you according to your faith.”

Jesus told St Faustina, our faith is the bucket we bring to the well of His grace, -the bigger our faith the bigger our bucket, the more we receive.
Thank you. I love that image from St. Faustina.

May my prayer be as Our Blessed Lady “Fiat mihi secundum verbum tuum. . .”
 
Thank you. If He would very firmly just tell me that marriage is not His will, I could move on–I really could. It’s the deferred hope and dashed realities that make it hard sometimes.
What you’re asking for is knowledge of the future. I understand - I’ve wanted to know the future, too - but that knowledge isn’t ours. We have to keep on trusting God without knowing what is in store for us.

There is only one thing we can know for sure - we will die. But we don’t get to know the details ahead of time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top