Al-Qaeda has been saying that for years.A palestinian sheik was recently taped advocating the destruction of the Jews and claiming that the west will eventually succumb to Islam. Check out the video here:
Sheik
What’s new? Some in the UK have been saying that for a long time.A palestinian sheik was recently taped advocating the destruction of the Jews and claiming that the west will eventually succumb to Islam. Check out the video here:
Sheik
If Islam is in its essence “peaceful”, where is the Muslim outcry against sheiks and imams such as these?A palestinian sheik was recently taped advocating the destruction of the Jews and claiming that the west will eventually succumb to Islam. Check out the video here:
Sheik
Islam is only peaceful if they are in power. I once had a discussion with a Saudi man if Catholics would ever be allowed to practice freely in Saudi Arabia and seek converts. He replied this was impossible since Islam cannot be subordinate to any other faith but all other monotheistic faiths must fall under the “protection” of Islam. Of course that protection entails hefty taxes to encourage conversion to Islam.If Islam is in its essence “peaceful”, where is the Muslim outcry against sheiks and imams such as these?![]()
yep :yup:Islam is only peaceful if they are in power. I once had a discussion with a Saudi man if Catholics would ever be allowed to practice freely in Saudi Arabia and seek converts. He replied this was impossible since Islam cannot be subordinate to any other faith but all other monotheistic faiths must fall under the “protection” of Islam. Of course that protection entails hefty taxes to encourage conversion to Islam.
Dialoguing with them is like dialoguing with a wall, it´s sad.Islam is only peaceful if they are in power. I once had a discussion with a Saudi man if Catholics would ever be allowed to practice freely in Saudi Arabia and seek converts. He replied this was impossible since Islam cannot be subordinate to any other faith but all other monotheistic faiths must fall under the “protection” of Islam. Of course that protection entails hefty taxes to encourage conversion to Islam.
Perhaps they are not amenable to dialog because they are convinced of the truth of their faith.Dialoguing with them is like dialoguing with a wall, it´s sad.
I suggest there may be a slight difference between those who walk away due to faith reasons and those who fly airplanes, blow up barracks, ships and behead those who disagree with them.Perhaps they are not amenable to dialog because they are convinced of the truth of their faith.
Fundamentalists could say the same about dialoguing with Catholics secure in their faith. “I went and tried to convince those Catholics about salvation through faith alone, but dialoguing with them is like dialoguing with a stone wall.”![]()
One of the first basic rules in political strategy is “never confront liberals with facts” drives’em wild. And to quote Andy Griffith in No time for Sergeants—they get all “het” up.What is wrong with the US media these days? Do they want the US to fail and fall or be conquered? Don’t these half brains know that as soon as islam or some power were to take over the US all freedom in the entire world will be stamped out? They will not be able to put forth their liberal bias since all media will be controlled.
What jack asses!
And they may be right. We have so many appeasers and those that are happy with their comfort zone, it could happen by mid-21st century. Kind of like the barbarians and the Roman Empire.Al-Qaeda has been saying that for years.
Franze didn’t say dialog with terrorists, he said dialogue with Moslems, and I responded appropriately. That you didn’t understand indicates that the problem was that I was trying to confront a conservative with a fact.I suggest there may be a slight difference between those who walk away due to faith reasons and those who fly airplanes, blow up barracks, ships and behead those who disagree with them.
That line sometimes gets rather blurry, particularly in a Muslim country, if you are a Christian or Jew.Franze didn’t say dialog with terrorists, he said dialogue with Moslems, and I responded appropriately. That you didn’t understand indicates that the problem was that I was trying to confront a conservative with a fact.
The only stuff I got out of your post was your opinion – I saw no facts and you can spare me the “barbs” - the credibility is low enough as it is.Franze didn’t say dialog with terrorists, he said dialogue with Moslems, and I responded appropriately. That you didn’t understand indicates that the problem was that I was trying to confront a conservative with a fact.
There are intrinsic differences between the two. I spent 3 months in Saudi Arabia and I can tell you I was told repeatedly to take off my crucifix ring or I would be jailed. Only jailed mind you, as I was US military. I was also told, had I not been a military member the penalty for wearing that ring (which is considered evangelizing by it’s nature over there) would have been much stiffer and more painful. And before you say I’m exagerrating, I can tell you I was told this by an uncommonly friendly member of the mutawa (Saudi religious police).Perhaps they are not amenable to dialog because they are convinced of the truth of their faith.
Fundamentalists could say the same about dialoguing with Catholics secure in their faith. “I went and tried to convince those Catholics about salvation through faith alone, but dialoguing with them is like dialoguing with a stone wall.”![]()