D
Dempsey1919
Guest
I haven’t attended Mass for weeks. I don’t pray and I don’t read the Bible. I no longer practice the faith.
I feel guilty every time I miss Mass but I can’t bring myself to attend because I feel like a hypocrite. I’ve committed many sins, and the shame I feel prevents me from going back to Mass. The thought of attending confession fills me with dread because I’m embarrassed by the things I’ve done. I had a great relationship with my priest, and I feel that he will look down on me if I confess my sins. I know I need to confess, but I can’t find the humility needed to do so.
Even if I did confess my sins, I know I’d probably commit them again. Living the life of a faithful Catholic is extremely difficult, and I don’t feel up to the challenge. I have more friends when I don’t practice my faith, and my social life drastically improves. I would be happier without the faith, but I can’t leave. I fully believe in the teachings of the Church and I could never deny them.
The strange thing is that I feel peace and happiness when I practice my faith. Lonliness is the only problem I have when I stive to be a faithful Catholic. I wish I could be a faithful Catholic and have an active social life. However, my circle of friends are not Catholic, and we do not share the same morals. Being around them endgangers my faith. A lot of you will probably tell me to get new friends, but there are no young Catholics in my area. And I like the friends that I already have. Most of them are family, and I could never stop associating with them.
What should I do?
I feel guilty every time I miss Mass but I can’t bring myself to attend because I feel like a hypocrite. I’ve committed many sins, and the shame I feel prevents me from going back to Mass. The thought of attending confession fills me with dread because I’m embarrassed by the things I’ve done. I had a great relationship with my priest, and I feel that he will look down on me if I confess my sins. I know I need to confess, but I can’t find the humility needed to do so.
Even if I did confess my sins, I know I’d probably commit them again. Living the life of a faithful Catholic is extremely difficult, and I don’t feel up to the challenge. I have more friends when I don’t practice my faith, and my social life drastically improves. I would be happier without the faith, but I can’t leave. I fully believe in the teachings of the Church and I could never deny them.
The strange thing is that I feel peace and happiness when I practice my faith. Lonliness is the only problem I have when I stive to be a faithful Catholic. I wish I could be a faithful Catholic and have an active social life. However, my circle of friends are not Catholic, and we do not share the same morals. Being around them endgangers my faith. A lot of you will probably tell me to get new friends, but there are no young Catholics in my area. And I like the friends that I already have. Most of them are family, and I could never stop associating with them.
What should I do?