My family and I do not attend Sunday mass

• Thread starter Thread starter marcusO9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marcusO9

A pleasant day to all of you,
I have learned that missing Sunday mass has a possibility of it being a mortal sin. How do I know if me and my family has committed a mortal sin?

The reason why we can’t attend Sunday mass is because we would always have conflicting schedules. For example, my sister and her husband works from Monday to Sunday.

My family would think that it’s okay to miss Sunday mass because it is not a sin and knowing God and believing in the faith is enough. I don’t think they know the concept of mortal sins, but are aware of the general idea of what sin is.

Last edited:
It would be helpful if we knew how old you are, meaning, are you a minor?

Missing mass is very serious. Do you have any friends that could take you?

I’m 15. We are all 10 (if I recall correctly) in our house.

Again, do you have any friends that might be willing to give you a ride to mass when we are all able to return?

Yes, I am confirmed. Sadly, I know no one that can drive me to the church for mass

I should inform you that I am in a state of mortal sin, but I will be needing answers though.

Unfortunately, there is no confession available for the most part right now.

So stop whatever it is you are doing. Yes, we know it is difficult. But it can be done. Make a Perfect act of contrition until you are able to get to confession. You might want to check out all of the recent threads on the same topic by using the search feature.

You could look at this time as a time to reflect better on our sins and to decide to change. This could be the time that you draw closer to God by praying, saying a rosary, reading and listening to readings and masses online.

Use this time for good, not for needless worry and speculation.

Thanks for all the help. But I’d hope I will have the courage to admit my sins to the priests, for they are really shameful for my part.

Well that’s good, but right now, in most places, confession is not available.

Welcome to CAF, btw. 🙂 There are lots of things to be learned here.

The fact that my sins are shameful and embarrasing for my part, I now know that I should not repeat it and must confess

Your sins aren’t anything Father hasn’t heard a thousand times. Anyone who’s been a priest for more than a month has heard basically everything. We’re not shocked by it. Don’t overthink your sins. Just go to confession when you can, say what you did, and be grateful for God’s mercy.

-Fr ACEGC

Here is a good thread when you need a chuckle. As a CAF newbie, you can find lots of things to occupy your time in the Casual forum.
40.png
Catholic Memes II Catholic Living
Seen recently on Facebook: As I recall, the first Easter was just Jesus and Mary Magdalene. And he told her not to touch him. #socialdistanceeaster (And to which I’d add #NoliMeTangere )
no_entry_sign
handshake

Unfortunately, there is no confession available for the most part right now.
This is not the case for the USA. Our Bishops have each provided directives to their Diocese how to make confession available. Please, check your Diocese and your Parish website/social media.
But I’d hope I will have the courage to admit my sins to the priests, for they are really shameful for my part.
You will. Remember, Satan tells us that our sins are so spectacularly shameful that we cannot say them aloud, when in truth, sin is average and dull. The priest has heard far worse than what you have to see, and remember, Christ saw you when you sinned so He knows it already.

This is not the case for the USA. Our Bishops have each provided directives to their Diocese how to make confession available. Please, check your Diocese and your Parish website/social media.
Sadly, I do not live in the USA though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back