My family and I do not attend Sunday mass

• Thread starter Thread starter marcusO9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not the case for the USA. Our Bishops have each provided directives to their Diocese how to make confession available. Please, check your Diocese and your Parish website/social media.
Maybe it is not the case for some, but for many, it is the case. Many states states are in stay at home mode and the directive from the bishop is just that. Nothing is available for our parish, it is closed, and from what I am hearing on CAF, it is the same way in many places. It was obvious to me that the OP was unable to go to confession right now, not just because his family is not attending mass, and that is why I answered as I did.

Confessions are still being heard at many churches in my area, and it is possible to contact a priest directly. So I’d suggest you look at local parishes and see if they are offering confession. It is a start.

The fact that my sins are shameful and embarrasing for my part, I now know that I should not repeat it and must confess
Join the club, little brother. Here is what I have learned: the more you go to confession, the easier it is, AND, when you go more often you get more grace to withstand those nagging, embarrassing sins.

Be not afraid. The priest will rejoice that he can absolve you, and you will feel wonderful afterwards!

The 3td. Commandment is to Keep HOLY the Sabbath day

It is a doctrine of the RCC for mandatory attendance at either the Saturday evening Vigil-Mass or the Sunday Mass. This is the NORM (exceptions are possible)
Missing it intentionally is NORMALLY a Mortal sin; but their can be extenuating circumstances. Scheduling is not normally one of them.

Could each of you go individually for example?
This IS a serous matter, and each of us is required to make a SERIOUS effort toattend. IF one cannot, they ought to speak to the Pastor for his suggestions

God Bless you

Sadly, as we are not able to attend mass during this time of Covid-19, we can’t make confessions or receive Holy Communion for a little while. I like to still watch mass online, maybe this would be possible for you. As for your long term situation, pray about it, as Romans 8:28 says,

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

I will pray for you, may the Lord bless you and keep you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back