A
Antonius_Lupus
Guest
Dear brethren,
After Holy Mass on the Lord’s day I got a phone call from my family in Maryland. My genetic father died sometime between Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.
My mother had divorced him some 18 years ago in order to protect me from him as he was addicted to alchohol. I have not see him since I was but a toddler (if that).
I don’t quite know what to feel honestly. I had no emotional or spiritual connection with him as a parent (I was adopted and he relinquished all his legal parental rights to my step-father) but he was still my genetic father and I was hoping…in a few years when I was around 21 or so that I could have met him once, just to tell him that I hold nothing against him and to let him see what his only son had made of himself.
He is survived only by his girlfriend, my genetic paternal grandparents, and his brothers. I was his only child.
His whole family is near fanatically Fundamentalist Baptist, but as for him I don’t know. He claimed to have “become saved” and hopefully he was baptized for the remission of his sins, but I don’t know for sure.
The funeral is tommorow (Thursday) at 2:00 PM eastern time. I will not be able to attend my father’s funeral due to the long distance away and other familial issues.
I beg all of you to pray for my father’s soul. Let this be your foremost intercession.
Also remember myself and especially my family in Maryland (whom I have little contact with). Please pray for the consolation of the Holy Spirit in this time.
I offer up my own prayers now:

**Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord,
the soul of Thy servant Joseph…,
from every bond of sin,
that being raised in the glory of the resurrection,
he may be refreshed among the Saints and Elect.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.
God our Father,
Your power brings us to birth,
Your providence guides our lives,
and by Your command we return to dust.
Lord, those who die still live in Your presence,
their lives change but do not end.
I pray in hope for my father,
and for all the dead known to You alone.
In company with Christ,
Who died and now lives,
And through the Holy Spirit,
may he rejoice in Your kingdom,
where all our tears are wiped away.
Unite us together again in one family,
to sing Your praise forever and ever.
Amen.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.
Amen.
Eternal rest, grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May the souls of the faithful departed
through the mercy of God rest in peace.
Amen. **

After Holy Mass on the Lord’s day I got a phone call from my family in Maryland. My genetic father died sometime between Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.
My mother had divorced him some 18 years ago in order to protect me from him as he was addicted to alchohol. I have not see him since I was but a toddler (if that).
I don’t quite know what to feel honestly. I had no emotional or spiritual connection with him as a parent (I was adopted and he relinquished all his legal parental rights to my step-father) but he was still my genetic father and I was hoping…in a few years when I was around 21 or so that I could have met him once, just to tell him that I hold nothing against him and to let him see what his only son had made of himself.
He is survived only by his girlfriend, my genetic paternal grandparents, and his brothers. I was his only child.
His whole family is near fanatically Fundamentalist Baptist, but as for him I don’t know. He claimed to have “become saved” and hopefully he was baptized for the remission of his sins, but I don’t know for sure.
The funeral is tommorow (Thursday) at 2:00 PM eastern time. I will not be able to attend my father’s funeral due to the long distance away and other familial issues.
I beg all of you to pray for my father’s soul. Let this be your foremost intercession.
Also remember myself and especially my family in Maryland (whom I have little contact with). Please pray for the consolation of the Holy Spirit in this time.
I offer up my own prayers now:

**Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord,
the soul of Thy servant Joseph…,
from every bond of sin,
that being raised in the glory of the resurrection,
he may be refreshed among the Saints and Elect.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.
God our Father,
Your power brings us to birth,
Your providence guides our lives,
and by Your command we return to dust.
Lord, those who die still live in Your presence,
their lives change but do not end.
I pray in hope for my father,
and for all the dead known to You alone.
In company with Christ,
Who died and now lives,
And through the Holy Spirit,
may he rejoice in Your kingdom,
where all our tears are wiped away.
Unite us together again in one family,
to sing Your praise forever and ever.
Amen.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.
Amen.
Eternal rest, grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May the souls of the faithful departed
through the mercy of God rest in peace.
Amen. **
