D
Dave_Noonan
Guest
See #6 above. We have a different word in our Bible.So after explaining the spirit of truth is the holy spirit my friend responded with this:
**"1.) It was said to be that the Spirit of Truth was coming in the bible and in the greek bible the used the word Periklytos meaning the honorable one to describe the prophet to come.
2.) Continuing the verse: John 16:7-14 “Nevertheless I tel…l you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.”
In the NEW Testament a Spirit is referred to as a human. Showing you that it is a person (i.e. he will “speak”)because if it weren’t it would be refferred to as IT.
My question is that since there is only ONE GOD…how come christians worship Jesus & The Holy Spirt as well? Are they implying that there are 3 Gods? Whom do you pray to?"**
How do I address the Periklytos misunderstanding on his part? thanks