N
NewGuy2014
Guest
Hi All,
I though I should give a short introduction to myself before I start asking questions, as a may ask a lot of questions in the near future
I am a Christian. I donât really want to elaborate too much about myself. Suffice it to say that I am considering becoming a Catholic. However, I am also considering whether I should be Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox or Evangelical/Protestant.
All four options seem to have difficulties and positives and I am having a hard time choosing between them. I hope my time on this forum will be helpful in helping me decide whether I should be Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox or Evangelical/Protestant and hopefully help me to the practical steps of being a committed member of one of those 4 options.
I am leaning more towards Catholic at the moment.
I should probably also mention that I am trying to read material that gives me answers to my questions, but sometimes I have questions that are not very common and more difficult to find answers to them as a result. So a lot of my questions may fall into this category.
[Just a final question, some of my questions may be triggered from material on non-Catholic websites, forums and books. If I have a question that is triggered from one of these sources, am I allowed to quote the source? Am I allowed to link to the source and mention who the author is and what book it is from etc? Or am I supposed to not link to it and only summarise it and leave it anonymous?
I guess what I am trying to ask is am I allowed to link to other non-Catholic pages on other websites or other non-Catholic forums? Does this apply to all sections of the forums (Non-Catholic Religions, Apologetics, Eastern Catholicism etc)?]
I though I should give a short introduction to myself before I start asking questions, as a may ask a lot of questions in the near future
I am a Christian. I donât really want to elaborate too much about myself. Suffice it to say that I am considering becoming a Catholic. However, I am also considering whether I should be Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox or Evangelical/Protestant.
All four options seem to have difficulties and positives and I am having a hard time choosing between them. I hope my time on this forum will be helpful in helping me decide whether I should be Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox or Evangelical/Protestant and hopefully help me to the practical steps of being a committed member of one of those 4 options.
I am leaning more towards Catholic at the moment.
I should probably also mention that I am trying to read material that gives me answers to my questions, but sometimes I have questions that are not very common and more difficult to find answers to them as a result. So a lot of my questions may fall into this category.
[Just a final question, some of my questions may be triggered from material on non-Catholic websites, forums and books. If I have a question that is triggered from one of these sources, am I allowed to quote the source? Am I allowed to link to the source and mention who the author is and what book it is from etc? Or am I supposed to not link to it and only summarise it and leave it anonymous?
I guess what I am trying to ask is am I allowed to link to other non-Catholic pages on other websites or other non-Catholic forums? Does this apply to all sections of the forums (Non-Catholic Religions, Apologetics, Eastern Catholicism etc)?]