My friend's "anti-Catholic" blogspot

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lea
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lea

Guest
Hello and blessings~

I am trying to get the hang of this “forums thing,” so please bear with me! 🙂 I am wondering if this is how I could post a message to direct people to visit my friend’s newly created blog?

A quick background…he is 39, raised Baptist, and currently pastor of a non-denominational (fundamentalist) church. In May he found out he had colon cancer. After surgery, chemo, and radiation, he is cancer-free, praise the Lord! While battling cancer, he created a journal on the Caring Bridge website. While for the most part it was encouraging for those who read it, he also used it to criticize and condemn the Catholic Church. Now that he is done with treatments, he is continuing his discussions on a new blog (Web address removed as per CAF policy).

The thing is…other than myself, he has not really talked with any true, practicing, believing Catholics; his only experience is with those who were nominally Catholic (which even I was for too many years of my life) until they “got saved and became Christian.” I have tried to share things with him, but apologetics is not one of my strengths (I get too emotional). He believes that I am atypical and am “saved despite the Church.” I NEED REINFORCEMENTS! If I could somehow pass along this blogspot to other Catholics who could help defend the Faith charitably, I think we could really make a difference!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and God bless all of you! 🙂
 
Rather than having us visit his blog, why don’t you invite him here? Tell him that although this forum is mainly made up of Catholics, all sorts of different faiths are represented here and we LOVE to discuss religion. Tell him that if we Catholics are truly “lost” - he owes it to us to come and set us straight. 😉
 
Thanks for the advice. I just may do that. I guess I just assumed he wouldn’t bother because he hasn’t taken the time to check out any other sources I have shared with him. But he loves a good debate, so maybe this would be his thing. :rolleyes:
 
Make sure that you state clearly that, without Roman Catholicism, the Protestant Churches would have not come into being, at all.
 
Hello and blessings~

I am trying to get the hang of this “forums thing,” so please bear with me! 🙂 I am wondering if this is how I could post a message to direct people to visit my friend’s newly created blog?

A quick background…he is 39, raised Baptist, and currently pastor of a non-denominational (fundamentalist) church. In May he found out he had colon cancer. After surgery, chemo, and radiation, he is cancer-free, praise the Lord! While battling cancer, he created a journal on the Caring Bridge website. While for the most part it was encouraging for those who read it, he also used it to criticize and condemn the Catholic Church. Now that he is done with treatments, he is continuing his discussions on a new blog (www.timeforrelevanttruth.blogspot.com).

The thing is…other than myself, he has not really talked with any true, practicing, believing Catholics; his only experience is with those who were nominally Catholic (which even I was for too many years of my life) until they “got saved and became Christian.” I have tried to share things with him, but apologetics is not one of my strengths (I get too emotional). He believes that I am atypical and am “saved despite the Church.” I NEED REINFORCEMENTS! If I could somehow pass along this blogspot to other Catholics who could help defend the Faith charitably, I think we could really make a difference!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and God bless all of you! 🙂
this post may be considered an invitation to boardswarm, something prohibited by forum rules.
 
First I want to say I will keep your friend in my prayers.I would ask him a few questions.#1.Did the Bible produce the church,or did the church produce the Bible.#2Why did Paul tell the church in 2Thes.2:14 To hold fast to the traditions they had been taught either by oral statements or by letters(epistles)?#3.What is the pillar and foundation of truth?The Bible?The Church?1Tim 3:15.#4.Do you believe that for 1500+yrs.Christians were reading the wrong Bible ?What soarses did Wyclife and Coverdale and other Pro-testants use?If the Bible is the only soarce of revelation,How is it that Jesus was revealed though the "breaking of Bread?Luke 24:25-35.I certainly dont mean this to sound like IM attacking anyone.I am not.I do believe we all need to know what and why we Believe.🙂
 
Oh, please do invite him to come over to discuss things. I think he will like the forums here. As Carol Marie pointed out- he really ought to! He needs to save us from…

Whatever he sees is a danger to us!:eek:
 
Statement of CAF policy on calls to “Board Swarm”.

Posts/threads that include a request/suggestion for other forum readers/members to visit someone else’s forum for the purposes of apologetics debate will be deleted/edited to remove the links.

In an effort to illuminate and explain the Catholic faith, CA makes every effort to provide our participants with a pleasant and informative place on the internet where Catholics and non-Catholics may gather.

It is our hope that respectful dialogue and discussion will lead to better faith understandings. And so in charity, we ask that our forums not be used for encouraging mass visits to other websites. In the past these kinds of efforts, although perhaps well intentioned, leave participants at other websites with negative impressions.

Your cooperation in helping promote these aims of faith exposition, hope for fruitful discussion and charity in implementation are sincerely appreciated.

Sincerely,
Your servant in Christ,
Michael Francis
Moderator
Apologetics Forum
 
PM me a link and I’ll go by there. We’ll see.
Pax tecum.
 
Sorry everyone…I guess I didn’t do my homework before posting!

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have sent emails to John Martignoni, Dr. Ray Guarendi, and to the Truth Matters staff at my local Catholic station.

I do plan to invite my friend to visit this forum, but unfortunately I don’t think he’ll take the time to do it. We’ll see.

Wishing you all a blessed holiday…
 
I suggest having him visit these forums as well. As an incentive, suggest to him that if he is confident enough his faith represents the full “truth”, he should have no fear engaging in a discussion with us, or anyone else. In fact, you might suggest that declining the invitation might call his confidence in his position into question with you.

LT
 
OP- dont worry, we all make innocent mistakes and in my case (grand mistakes!:eek: )

I would ask him this:

Damascus is very concerned about the fact that there is something preventing heaven to the Catholics, could you please tell Damascus what is going on?:confused:

If you really Love God you must help the poor lost souls at CAF., they need to be saved and fast!!!:eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top