M
mattingly23
Guest
Hello,
I tried doing a little background searching here but I think i need specified help. My girlfriend has been a member of Opus Dei for most of her life (as far as i know) and as we’ve been together for awhile now and certain long-term questions are troubling me. I have been brought up a Catholic, but do not adhere to religion wholeheartedly. I recognize the importance of my mildly religious upbringing and have been brought back to the church (for weekly service) upon meeting this special young lady. She is quite phenomenal and I don’t know whether to continue on with her as her background may prove difficult in a life long commitment. We are both in our 30s and she wants to remain celibate until marriage. This is a problem for me, but I have been dealing with it. She also believes in Natural Family Planning and this also bothers me as I think birth control is a necessary measure in today’s times. She comes from a very large ethnic family that is obsessive about religion and im not sure if I can assimilate that way. My question to this forum, is what else should i be asking her when we have a serious chat about our future?
First off my apologies if I offend anyone with my list of questions. I really do care about this woman and have even sought help from a priest in trying to sort through my feelings. If anyone can offer advice or other questions i should ask Id be most appreciative. Thank you.
What are your expectations for us?
Do you expect me to participate in Opus Dei?
What will it be like if I don’t - for your family?
What are your views on other forms of birth control?
If we had children would you expect them to join Opus?
What is your status in Opus Dei?
I tried doing a little background searching here but I think i need specified help. My girlfriend has been a member of Opus Dei for most of her life (as far as i know) and as we’ve been together for awhile now and certain long-term questions are troubling me. I have been brought up a Catholic, but do not adhere to religion wholeheartedly. I recognize the importance of my mildly religious upbringing and have been brought back to the church (for weekly service) upon meeting this special young lady. She is quite phenomenal and I don’t know whether to continue on with her as her background may prove difficult in a life long commitment. We are both in our 30s and she wants to remain celibate until marriage. This is a problem for me, but I have been dealing with it. She also believes in Natural Family Planning and this also bothers me as I think birth control is a necessary measure in today’s times. She comes from a very large ethnic family that is obsessive about religion and im not sure if I can assimilate that way. My question to this forum, is what else should i be asking her when we have a serious chat about our future?
First off my apologies if I offend anyone with my list of questions. I really do care about this woman and have even sought help from a priest in trying to sort through my feelings. If anyone can offer advice or other questions i should ask Id be most appreciative. Thank you.
What are your expectations for us?
Do you expect me to participate in Opus Dei?
What will it be like if I don’t - for your family?
What are your views on other forms of birth control?
If we had children would you expect them to join Opus?
What is your status in Opus Dei?