T
TheRealJuliane
Guest
This young lady has a 2 year old daughter. That little girl has a biological father somewhere - does he play any part in her life, currently? Unless he signed his parental rights away, he can and could reappear at any point in time and decide to play Daddy. Or, giving him all the benefit of the doubt, he could marry someone and want full custody of his daughter. However unlikely it is to happen, things like this DO happen every day.
Another thing to keep in mind: Promiscuity is also associated with having had an abortion. Many women, having had an abortion, will go back out and be promiscuous, sometimes getting pregnant again, sometimes simply living out their inner conviction of, “I’m not worth anything else.” Praise God that this young lady kept her daughter! And she might not tell you if she has had an abortion (many women keep it a secret for years/decades/their lives).
One other thing to keep in mind: She may have alcoholic tendencies. The sex may be a side effect of binge drinking (impulsive behavior when drunk), which is another entire issue to be dealt with.
I would advise that the relationship is going to be problematic because of the imbalance here. If you were in the same condition, having had sexual encounters that you regretted and had repented for, I’d say go ahead, but with caution. But she is going to tend to feel less-than, and you will have a tendency to come from a morally superior position. You are bothered by her past now, and that doesn’t go away unless the Holy Spirit intercedes. I would urge you to pray about this, and consider your true emotions from the inside all the way out. Are you a generally forgiving person, or do you hold grudges and keep slights forever in your heart? Could you overcome this terrible past this woman has created, even knowing that her daughter could be visiting another man’s home every weekend if the father decides to pursue partial custody? Will you hold this woman’s past against her during an argument, even slightly?
My feeling is that you will have to be a saint on earth going forward.
Also, DO NOT under any circumstances get involved with her little girl at this point. You will only cause pain and suffering should you then decide not to continue.
I am sorry to be so negative, but this situation is not to be made light of IMO. I am a person with a VERY tainted past, but my husband knows it, and does not know exact counts. He was also not pure when we met and I had no expectations that he would be. So at least on that point, we were equally yoked.
Another thing to keep in mind: Promiscuity is also associated with having had an abortion. Many women, having had an abortion, will go back out and be promiscuous, sometimes getting pregnant again, sometimes simply living out their inner conviction of, “I’m not worth anything else.” Praise God that this young lady kept her daughter! And she might not tell you if she has had an abortion (many women keep it a secret for years/decades/their lives).
One other thing to keep in mind: She may have alcoholic tendencies. The sex may be a side effect of binge drinking (impulsive behavior when drunk), which is another entire issue to be dealt with.
I would advise that the relationship is going to be problematic because of the imbalance here. If you were in the same condition, having had sexual encounters that you regretted and had repented for, I’d say go ahead, but with caution. But she is going to tend to feel less-than, and you will have a tendency to come from a morally superior position. You are bothered by her past now, and that doesn’t go away unless the Holy Spirit intercedes. I would urge you to pray about this, and consider your true emotions from the inside all the way out. Are you a generally forgiving person, or do you hold grudges and keep slights forever in your heart? Could you overcome this terrible past this woman has created, even knowing that her daughter could be visiting another man’s home every weekend if the father decides to pursue partial custody? Will you hold this woman’s past against her during an argument, even slightly?
My feeling is that you will have to be a saint on earth going forward.
Also, DO NOT under any circumstances get involved with her little girl at this point. You will only cause pain and suffering should you then decide not to continue.
I am sorry to be so negative, but this situation is not to be made light of IMO. I am a person with a VERY tainted past, but my husband knows it, and does not know exact counts. He was also not pure when we met and I had no expectations that he would be. So at least on that point, we were equally yoked.