P
PrincessViolet
Guest
Dear friends, I need your prayers and support today. My husband, an atheist, is slowly killing himself with alcohol, drugs and an eating disorder. We have one child, and at the moment, I live alone with our daughter.
To be honest, I’m glad he does not live with us. We recently reconciled after quite some years apart, in which I have taken a lot of time to straighten out my own issues. I am a devout Catholic (convert) and a tee-totaller. Other people’s drinking does not worry me, it is just not right for me. There were issues of domestic violence before, and I’m not worried that they will reoccur. I just cannot see myself carrying a man who doesn’t eat, doesn’t sleep, doesn’t work, takes drugs and drinks.
Quite honestly, I pray for one of two outcomes. That he will get his life straight and be the husband I know he could be, or that God takes him out of our lives completely. I’m sorry, friends, that is very un-Christian of me, but I feel sad, alone and desperate.
In Jesus’ Name,
To be honest, I’m glad he does not live with us. We recently reconciled after quite some years apart, in which I have taken a lot of time to straighten out my own issues. I am a devout Catholic (convert) and a tee-totaller. Other people’s drinking does not worry me, it is just not right for me. There were issues of domestic violence before, and I’m not worried that they will reoccur. I just cannot see myself carrying a man who doesn’t eat, doesn’t sleep, doesn’t work, takes drugs and drinks.
Quite honestly, I pray for one of two outcomes. That he will get his life straight and be the husband I know he could be, or that God takes him out of our lives completely. I’m sorry, friends, that is very un-Christian of me, but I feel sad, alone and desperate.
In Jesus’ Name,
