My iPhone is dead

  • Thread starter Thread starter AllSeasons
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AllSeasons

Guest
It’s so very sad, but my iPhone is dead. The battery won’t charge anymore. I’ve had it for a few years, and for the past year, it’s had various battery problems, but nothing like this has happened. Now the charge light/screen comes on, but the bar stays in red even if I leave it charging overnight. So now I don’t have my phone, texting, internet, GPS, etc. I feel so lost. Yea, I’m a little attached to my phone.

I’m afraid that the battery may have reached its useful life. But I’m going to be switching to Verizon in a few months, so I don’t want to sign another 2-year contract with AT&T to get the discount on a new iPhone. Gonna head over to Best Buy/Geek Squad this afternoon to see if they can do anything for me. The thing with iPhones is that Apple doesn’t make changing the battery easy. If I do it through them, I’d have to back up all the information on my phone, send it to them, and they may replace it with a comparable iPhone.

This really sucks. First my laptop gets stolen, and now my iPhone is on life support. Is God trying to tell me something here? And oh, if you have any suggestions on how to get the iPhone fixed, please, please let me know. Thank you!
 
Do you have any Apple stores near you? You can make an appt to take it to a Genius (their ‘geek squad’) and I believe they can change out the battery for you. I don’t know how much it costs, but if you have apple insurance it might be free.
 
Thank you for the advice so far.
Do you have any Apple stores near you? You can make an appt to take it to a Genius (their ‘geek squad’) and I believe they can change out the battery for you. I don’t know how much it costs, but if you have apple insurance it might be free.
Unfortunately, we don’t have an Apple store nearby. My parents’ place is in a small town, and the closest Apple store is 2-3 hours away. I may end up giving them a call just to see what they say.
 
It’s so very sad, but my iPhone is dead. The battery won’t charge anymore. I’ve had it for a few years, and for the past year, it’s had various battery problems, but nothing like this has happened. Now the charge light/screen comes on, but the bar stays in red even if I leave it charging overnight. So now I don’t have my phone, texting, internet, GPS, etc. I feel so lost. Yea, I’m a little attached to my phone.

I’m afraid that the battery may have reached its useful life. But I’m going to be switching to Verizon in a few months, so I don’t want to sign another 2-year contract with AT&T to get the discount on a new iPhone. Gonna head over to Best Buy/Geek Squad this afternoon to see if they can do anything for me. The thing with iPhones is that Apple doesn’t make changing the battery easy. If I do it through them, I’d have to back up all the information on my phone, send it to them, and they may replace it with a comparable iPhone.

This really sucks. First my laptop gets stolen, and now my iPhone is on life support. Is God trying to tell me something here? And oh, if you have any suggestions on how to get the iPhone fixed, please, please let me know. Thank you!
Perhaps God wants you to talk to people IN PERSON, and not play with apps all day? 😛 Or maybe that you shouldn’t have technology. Just you. No one else.

Oh, and maybe hold out for the Galaxy III with verizon, and just get a cheapy phone to hold you over in your contract. At least, I think this is why God sent me a great comparison sheet on iphones and competitions just yesterday. Surely it was God.
 
I just got my battery/repair kit in the mail today. Before using the kit, I tried turning on my iPhone one more time, and it turned on, with a full battery no less. I don’t know whether to be happy or pissed.
 
I just got my battery/repair kit in the mail today. Before using the kit, I tried turning on my iPhone one more time, and it turned on, with a full battery no less. I don’t know whether to be happy or pissed.
Well, either way, I’m happy for you that it’s working!!
 
Just a quick update. I ended up going to a local phone/computer repair shop, anyway. The thing died on me again, in the middle of a long trip, and I was using it as my GPS, so not cool. I brought the battery with me, and they switched it out for $40. Been working great so far.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top