My Kentucky Pilgrimage/Retreat in May

  • Thread starter Thread starter Epistemes
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Epistemes

Guest
Dear Friends,

Beginning Monday May 4 extending through Friday May 8, I will be taking part in a private retreat at Gesthemani Abbey.

I would like to extend my retreat by setting out on my journey early, perhaps the Saturday before, and returning the Sunday after. I am coming from North Carolina. Can any of you, especially my brothers and sisters from Kentucky, specfically the Lexington and Louisville regions, make any suggestions for places to stay, see, and or do? Any particular churches I should see or attend Mass at? I would like this entire week to be as spiritual as possible.

For example, when I leave the abbey Friday morning, I intend to visit the Thomas Merton Center.

Thank you!
 
I can’t offer suggestions - but selfishly - I will ask that you remember “ConservativeOne” and their intentions in your prayers. I would be most grateful. The fact that God enlightened me to type this request - tells me something. May your retreat be spiritually rewarding.
 
Hi “Ep”. I’m not in Kentucky, either. But here is a sight that might help you.

visitlex.com/

I know the famous racetrack… Churchill Downs is in Louisville. You may wanna give that a try. Don’t know what’s going on there, right now… because the horse racing folks kind of move around from track to track. But I’m sure it would be worth the trip.

BTW… will you please keep me in your prayers, too? 😃 Thanks dude. God bless.
 
Both of you are in my prayers.

It seems that there is quite a bit to do in Kentucky. Aside from my retreat at Gesthemani Abbey, I’ve booked a roomed for the weekend prior at a quaint little bed and breakfast (where I hope to get some reading done, in addition to exploring the surrounding countryside). I’m still trying to plan the weekend after, though - where to stay, where to attend Mass, etc. I’d like to stay in Louisville, I think.
 
For churches you may want to see St. Martin of Tours in Louisville. It’s a beautiful old church with wonderful architecture, art and relics. Has a fantastic choir and at 12:00 on Sundays celebrates the Latin mass if you’re interested in that. louisville-catholic.net/

And in Bardstown is St. Joeseph’s Proto-Cathedral, the first west of the Allegheny Mountains and is listed by the U.S. Library of Congress. stjoechurch.com/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top