A
ac_claire
Guest
The title says it all. I’ve been wanting to bring this up for weeks here, had a free afternoon today so thought I’d bring it up now.
Basically, our local parish has a little prayer chapel that is used fro Eucharistic Adoration, confession and personal prayer-- it also has a bookshelf with some spiritual books, bibles, etc. One day I was going through and found there was sort of a theme…there were several bookds abotu Medjugorje-- all of them promoting the visions as real (as relaling being the BVM) and the place as a site of miracles and pilgrimage, etc. So, there’s that.
Also in the lobby I noticed that there are frequently leaflets promoting this or that other random private revelation that I’ve never heard of. Ok, fine, I figure anyone can come in and put those out.
Well then, I think it was two Sundays ago, we notice that there are some little cards promoting the official Medjugorje website and specifically promoting an upcoming event in Alabama, I believe, where one of the “visionaries” is visiting and the Blessed Mother is expected to appear. These cards are ALL OVER the sanctuary, everywhere where a bulletin is, there’s a stack of cards next to it. This has been going on for weeks.
Last time I was on CAF frequently it was against the rules to debate about Medjugorje so I don’t want this to become another Medjugorje debate, but just wondering if what is happening at my parish wrong? It seems wrong to me and my husband. Not sure if we should or can do anything about it, or if it’d be prudent to talk with the pastor about it? We’re relatively new to this parish (been there a little less than a year) and this kind of thing seems to be very ingrained in the parish so I don’t even know if anything we said/did would have an effect.
Just makes us uncomfortble and was wondering what yall thought about it. Thanks.
Basically, our local parish has a little prayer chapel that is used fro Eucharistic Adoration, confession and personal prayer-- it also has a bookshelf with some spiritual books, bibles, etc. One day I was going through and found there was sort of a theme…there were several bookds abotu Medjugorje-- all of them promoting the visions as real (as relaling being the BVM) and the place as a site of miracles and pilgrimage, etc. So, there’s that.
Also in the lobby I noticed that there are frequently leaflets promoting this or that other random private revelation that I’ve never heard of. Ok, fine, I figure anyone can come in and put those out.
Well then, I think it was two Sundays ago, we notice that there are some little cards promoting the official Medjugorje website and specifically promoting an upcoming event in Alabama, I believe, where one of the “visionaries” is visiting and the Blessed Mother is expected to appear. These cards are ALL OVER the sanctuary, everywhere where a bulletin is, there’s a stack of cards next to it. This has been going on for weeks.
Last time I was on CAF frequently it was against the rules to debate about Medjugorje so I don’t want this to become another Medjugorje debate, but just wondering if what is happening at my parish wrong? It seems wrong to me and my husband. Not sure if we should or can do anything about it, or if it’d be prudent to talk with the pastor about it? We’re relatively new to this parish (been there a little less than a year) and this kind of thing seems to be very ingrained in the parish so I don’t even know if anything we said/did would have an effect.
Just makes us uncomfortble and was wondering what yall thought about it. Thanks.